Search for content in message boards

Fish Family

Fish Family

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Mar 2004 2:08PM GMT
Surnames: Fish/ Rushton.
I'm looking for any information re: my Great Uncle George Fish born Kearsley,England.1874.At the age of 27(he was single) he lived at 32 Crompton Terrace, Prestolee,
Stoneclough,Kearsley.Lancashire. area arounf Farnworth & Bolton.With Ralph Fish 1871 and Elizabeth his wife born 1874. Their son John Fish 1895 Prestolee,Sarah Fish 1899 born?!! George Frederick Fish 1901 (My father) .
My Great Uncle George 1874. Had a brother Thomas Fish he was married to Sarah E. Fish no maiden name ?can anyone help! both born 1868. Their son Frederick T. born 1898, Thomas and family lived at 124 Stoneclough Road, Stone- clough,(as above)
My G.G. Ralph Fish senior 1835 Stockport married Betsy Fish nee Rushton. born 1836.
Can anyone help with Ralph Fish Senior's father. we think John Fish and Margaret ?!!! not sure. Can anyone help.
Do you know Betsy Rushtons Father and Mother brick wall

Re: Fish Family

Posted: 17 Mar 2004 6:03AM GMT
Reference your message - my great grandad was also called ralph fish and was in the same area but my great gran was called Mary Agnes Connor and their daughter was called Emily. I have been able to find Emily on the births register and I also have her birth certificate at home, stating that she was born in stoneclough - parish of Outwood which is also where Ralph was living on the 1901 census. I hope their isn't any skeletons in my closet because cant find marriage between ralph and mary and cant find mary anywhere on records - could you please pass on any relevant info. Donna

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 8:58AM GMT
Hi
We are trying to make sense of all the FISH families in the world.
Jamie Fish has had more than 40 families do their DNA tests so far. The results has been able to connect families that otherwise would not be possible to connect.
The DNA study so far is mostly on USA families with some connections to England.

We need to extend the study to include a lot more English Fish families and Scottish, Welsh and Irish Fish families.

Would you please consider joining our FISH FAMILY DNA Project. My Fish family comes form Berkshire England 1700 and our DNA tests and results are already completed.

Please see Jamie Fish’s DNA website and see how you can contribute. http://www.familytreedna.com/public/fish/default.aspx

We will be most excited to have you as part of our study.
All you need is a male FISH family member so we can do the YDNA test.

By participating in our study, you might be very pleasantly surprised by the results, which can help you narrow down where your family comes from and what other Fish family branches you connect with. The connected Fish families might help you break your brick wall as well, so lots of benefits for joining our study.

Thanks
Walter in London, England

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 8:59AM GMT
Fish Family

Replies: 2
stubbins_1 (View posts) Posted: 17 Mar 2004 7:03AM
Surnames:

Reference your message - my great grandad was also called ralph fish and was in the same area but my great gran was called Mary Agnes Connor and their daughter was called Emily. I have been able to find Emily on the births register and I also have her birth certificate at home, stating that she was born in stoneclough - parish of Outwood which is also where Ralph was living on the 1901 census. I hope their isn't any skeletons in my closet because cant find marriage between ralph and mary and cant find mary anywhere on records - could you please pass on any relevant info. Donna

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 9:00AM GMT
Hi
We are trying to make sense of all the FISH families in the world.
Jamie Fish has had more than 40 families do their DNA tests so far. The results has been able to connect families that otherwise would not be possible to connect.
The DNA study so far is mostly on USA families with some connections to England.

We need to extend the study to include a lot more English Fish families and Scottish, Welsh and Irish Fish families.

Would you please consider joining our FISH FAMILY DNA Project. My Fish family comes form Berkshire England 1700 and our DNA tests and results are already completed.

Please see Jamie Fish’s DNA website and see how you can contribute. http://www.familytreedna.com/public/fish/default.aspx

We will be most excited to have you as part of our study.
All you need is a male FISH family member so we can do the YDNA test.

By participating in our study, you might be very pleasantly surprised by the results, which can help you narrow down where your family comes from and what other Fish family branches you connect with. The connected Fish families might help you break your brick wall as well, so lots of benefits for joining our study.

Thanks
Walter in London, England
per page

Find a board about a specific topic