Search for content in message boards

Wesley Thompson

Wesley Thompson

Posted: 22 Jan 2004 3:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jun 2006 3:08PM GMT
Seeking information on the parents of Wesley Thompson, born in Kentucky about 1810.

Wesley married Sarah Ann Elmore on March 18, 1839, in Barren County, KY. The 1850 Barren County census lists Wesley, age 40 with wife Sarah and children: Nancy, age 10; Elizabeth, age 6; John R., age 3; and William, age 1. The census lists that parents of Wesley were born in Virginia.

Daughter Elizabeth married Henry Patterson Pitcock on May 14, 1861, in Barren County, KY.

Wesley would be my gg grandfather.

Don Winn
Lafayette, TN
dwinn@tn4u.com

Re: Wesley Thompson/John Wesley Thompson

Posted: 28 Jan 2005 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Carroll, Ennis, Etter
The 1984 book Daniel Etter and His Descendants, compiled by Ruth (Mallow) Straley, p. 120, mentions John Wesley Thompson, Jr., born 29 Mar 1819 in Mercer County, KY. married Catherine Etter in 1843, living in Johnson/Morgan Counties in Indiana in mid 1800s. Then the Family Records of Johnson County, IN compiled by Vera Reese Tranter in 1952-53 mentions Nancy Thompson, born around 1800 presumably in KY, a daughter of John Wesley Thompson, Sr. Nancy Thompson (my g-g-g-grandmother) married William Carroll in Johnson County, IN around 1820. There is a Thompson Graveyard in Morgan County, IN (west of Union Church in Green Township on state road 144) acc to the Family Records mentioned above.
Hope this might be of help. If so, please advise, since I've had trouble tracking the family of John Wesley Thompson in KY also. Jack Felt

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, McClintock, Hill, Nay, Tremain, Clark, Sumner
Do you know if any of these Thompsons intermarried with McClintock, Hill, Nay, Tremain, Clark and/or Sumner lines in Floyd Co., Kentucky and Clark and Johnson Counties, Indiana in the 1800s?

Posted: 1 Oct 2010 1:13PM GMT
None of the surnames that you have mentioned appear in the limited information that I have found on this Thompson line.

It appears that this Thompson line is related to Thompsons in the Metcalfe and Green counties of KY, but I have not found a link to these lines.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions