Search for content in message boards

Stehlin family (also: Stork)

Stehlin family (also: Stork)

Susan Iles (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stehlin
Any information on the Stehlin name would help greatly. Thank you.

Olbersdorf 1883/Karlsruhe 1800's/Hildesheim 1793

B. Jo An Dreahn (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Stork, Creuzbaur, Von Hoenig, Welhausen, Fricke, Hoenig
Joseph Frank Stork, b. 1883, Olbersdorf, Czech. Came to America 1903-1905 via Bremen, Germ. Parents? where, when? any. Caroline Von Hoenig, b. c/a 1800 in Durlach? m Carl Friedrich Creuzbaur 1820. Son Edmund Creuzbaur b.1826, Karlsruhe, Germ/Prussia m. Elisabeth Welhausen b. 1835 in Hidelsheim, Hanover, Germ. dtr. of Carl Conrad Welhausen b. 1773 Hertzburg Province, Hanover, Germ.and Marya Elizabeth Fricke b. 1796. Caroline Von Hoenig's parents were Baron Homburg? and Anna Doering? Any information on any of these surnames will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Stehlin family

lorena (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2002 6:40AM GMT
hello susan illes i am searching for imformation re;Johan Stehlin&Caroline Schruder sailed from Switzerland and setteled in western samoa in the mid 1800's

STEHLIN and SCHRANER Family

Posted: 7 May 2005 6:43AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2005 2:40PM GMT
Surnames: SCHRANER, STEHLIN
Hallo Fellow-Listers -

Johann Martin STEHLIN and Caroline/Carolina SCHRANER both of Basel. Switzerland and both migrated to Upolu, Samoa c.1878.

Interested in corresponding with others re Switzerland genealogy. Any and all info of ships leaving Switzerland and headed towards America and the South Pacific Islands.

Any assistance on this journey is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
--manaia
__
==

Re: STEHLIN and SCHRANER Family

Posted: 14 May 2005 11:30AM GMT
Hi Manaia,

you're probably aware that Switzerland has no seashore and no sea harbors - so there can't be any "...ships leaving Switzerland and headed towards America and the South Pacific Islands". People from the (Western) French speaking parts of the country would have probably sailed from France, others via Germany or Italy respectively.

Have you posted your query also to the Switzerland message board?

Tilman

Manaia Alofa (View posts)
Posted: 14 May 2005 5:50PM GMT
Surnames: STEHLIN, SCHRANER
Hello Tilman -

Gratitudes! for the geography lesson. I could have avoided situations, as ones like this, if only I'd not assumed every piece of land on Earth was surrounded by water. Sorry.

But I am grateful for the acquaintance -- <G>.

Yes, I did post with the Switzerland board. Do you know of a website I can access to check the origins of these two surnames?

Thanks again and great days to you,
--manaia
__
==

Posted: 14 May 2005 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: STEHLIN, SCHRANER
Tilman -

Sorry, again. I checked the Switzerland board and I see I'd only posted with the mailing list only. To be rectified.

Kind regards,
--manaia
__
==

Posted: 15 May 2005 1:09AM GMT
Hi,

lol ... no problem with seaports etc.

For checking surnames I would try http://www.rat.de/kuijsten/navigator/ - this can give you hints about other researchers who have these names on their agenda, and also links to people with these names.

And then there's of course Google !

Good luck

Tilman

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 11:30PM GMT
Hi,

Still looking for any one who has information about 'Albert Stehlin'?

LAStehlin

Posted: 29 May 2008 1:16PM GMT
Talofa/Hello LA:

Faatoese/Sorry! Just gettin' wind of your post, and I'd wonder if you're on the Islands or the States.

If you're still needing assistance let me know.

Fa'afetai lava/Thanks!

--Manaia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic