Search for content in message boards

Magheross, Carrickmacross RC church

Magheross, Carrickmacross RC church

Posted: 6 Jun 2009 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FIDGEON
Hello,

Does anyone have access to any of the parish records or Memorial inscriptions for the Catholic church at Carrickmacross? I am looking for anything on the Fidgeon family.

Thanks
issy

Re: Magheross, Carrickmacross RC church

Posted: 30 Jun 2009 11:51AM GMT
Hi i don't know anything of whom your looking for, but there is a catholic church carrickmacross co.monaghan, if thats what your looking for. St.Joseph's. I have contacted them in the past & found them very helpfull.
Regard afealy

Posted: 8 Nov 2009 11:29PM GMT
Hi, Just back from a trip to Carrickmacross this afternoon. Wanted to say that this old Church & Cemetery was locked up & unaccessible to my great disappointment. Spoke to a local who said it is sometimes open but he didn't know the pattern of times. Looks like inscriptions may be available from Clogher Historical Society "The Inscriptions of Magheross Cemetery" by Padraig O'Mearain 1963 and will have to go that route myself shortly.

St. Joseph's mentioned in a previous reply to you is a different cemetery that we also visited this morning, it is a newer one on Dromand? Road, Carrickmacross.
Best wishes, Ellen

Posted: 19 Mar 2010 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: FINLAY
Thank you for your comments. It has been helpful to me. I am researching my mother's family FINLAY (Ethel Christina). All I really know is that she was catholic and born in Carrickmacross around 1912.

Posted: 12 Mar 2013 3:05PM GMT
Hi,

The first Fidgeon in Ireland was Thomas Fidgeon, born in England in 1795. He lived at 12 Evelyn street Carrickmacross and was a saddler. He died in 1871. he is featured in Griffiths Valuation.
Fionnuala Fidgeon

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 11:35AM GMT
Hi Fionnuala

I was interested to see your post.

My husband is descended from Mary Josephine Fidgeon b. 1878 father Edward Fidgeon. She married Alexander (Sandy) McLaughlan from Carromoney, Armagh. They were in Glasgow on 1909 when they married. Mary's two sisters - Annie and Maggie were in Glasgow around the same time. Maggie went to USA and married a Joseph Flynn. Annie stayed in Glasgow and married ? Kingon.

Do you know anything about the McLaughlan family?

There are a few Fidgeons posting on Ancestry - have you been in touch with any of them. One part of the family are in Australia - this is where we are now. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Linda McLaughlan.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic