Search for content in message boards

"Visit Other Sites" Query

"Visit Other Sites" Query

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 5:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
The bottom of Ancestry pages contains the option to Visit Other Sites eg US, UK Australia, etc.

I have inadvertently changed between the UK site and Australian site over the years and I notice that on logging in, sometimes Ancestry starts up on the UK site and sometimes the Australian site. They appear the same although the history of pages visited on the opening screen is different.

Are the sites otherwise the same?

Another question: why does my profile show last signed in 3 months ago when I have signed in many times since then?

Re: "Visit Other Sites" Query

Posted: 28 Apr 2013 1:27PM GMT
Data available from all of the sites are the same, however you log into each separately. So for example if you logged into www.ancestry.co.uk a week ago, and www.ancestry.ca yesterday, then log into www.ancestry.co.uk again today, it will show your last login as one week ago.

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 12:14AM GMT
I don't know about the logging into other sites, but I've got the same question about the last logged in. Mine also says that I last logged in 3 months ago; and I log in almost every day.

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 12:24AM GMT
This one has NOTHING to do with logging in to the other ancestry corporate sites.

The "last logged in" not updated is a KNOWN issue, with various threads on the topic.

Posted: 1 May 2013 1:36PM GMT
Logging via other sites has one other hidden difference as far as I can see.
That is that on Ancestry web searches, Ancestry will search by a "Collection Priority" based on varying countries, depending upon how you logged in.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions