Search for content in message boards

Updates to 1911 census

Updates to 1911 census

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 2:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I notice that Ancestry have removed the redacted parts from this census, and I wondered what the best way is to compare the images that I have already downloaded, with the latest ones on Ancestry. The best I have come up with so far is to use the Sources view in FTM and click the View Source online option (bottom right of screen). This opens the new version and it is easy to see if there is anything in the right hand column. There doesn't seem to be anything equivalent in the Media pane. I haven't yet worked out the easiest way of replacing the image if there is anything new. Any thoughts anyone?

Re: Updates to 1911 census

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 3:23PM GMT
Worked through most like this and found no entries in the final column. However, a few sources didn't show the "view source online" link. I suspect these may date from when I had no current subscription, but there was a "free 1911 census" weekend, and I probably copied them manually as the merge button didn't work in FTM. I think I'll have to search for each image individually....hmm.

Re: Updates to 1911 census

Posted: 29 Apr 2013 6:04PM GMT
If you unlink the media you can then download the new media. It sounds like a lot of work but I've been downloading individual media for a couple of weeks now one by one where I didn't have them. But maybe you could do the download missing media all at once. I don't think there is any thing extra added as far as source, it seems just the media has changed. Of course I only have about 9 sources in this category.
In case anyone is still wondering, this is 1911 UK census.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions