Search for content in message boards

newbrunswick kitchens

newbrunswick kitchens

carol kitchen (View posts)
Posted: 18 Nov 2006 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
hi darrell I would be more than happy to share what info i have on the kitchen family Henry son of henry the loyalist is the branch i have most of my info on are you connected to this line. carol

Re: newbrunswick kitchens

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: Kitchen
Hello Carol,
I am part of the Kitchen family, son of Henry. If you are familiar with Don Anger's book that documents the Canadian family line from New Jersey, I am part of the missing 1798 Richard Kitchen line in his book. In 1838 our family line returned to the US along with other Kitchen families that settled in Michigan, Indiana, PA, and Ohio. Our line is Richard's eldest son John Kitchen that settled in Clearsprings, Indiana.

Don's book is an excellent resource which, is well documented to the early US. He has done an excellent job of tracing the Canadian line. A photo copy of his book can be obtained from the Historical Scoiety that he donated it to. I posted that information years ago on this message board.

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 10:18PM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2006 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Morgan, Kitchen, Hughes, Mc Killen
I think it is the same family, unless there is another Richard Kitchen.
I have Richard Born 1774 Bloomsborg Columbia II (aka: Northumberland Co. Pa.

Son John Green Kitchen, His Son Timothy Culver Kitchen is my line.
They went to Michigan, From Ontario, Canada.

I do not have anyone above Richard, in my tree (I heard about a Wheeler but have no Info.

Clarence

Judith Latorre (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2006 11:57PM GMT
Could you post the information relating to the Don Anger book again? I have looked for it but I have been unable to find it.

Thanks,
Judy

Posted: 3 Dec 2006 1:00AM GMT
The book by Don Anger, "The Kitchen Family: Canada, USA". Is available through the Norfolk Historical Society (Simcoe, Ontario). They will photo copy Don's book for a fee. Many years ago it cost me $65, but that was when copying was very expensive . Don has most of the details on more recent relatives of the other three brothers' lines that remained in Canada, especially in and around Brant.

Judith Latorre (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2006 10:13PM GMT
Thank you very much.
Judy

Posted: 3 Feb 2007 9:17PM GMT
Carol,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you.

My relationship to Henry is through his son Henry (m. Hannah Burden) and son William (m. Margaret Long).

How are you related?

Darrell A. Kitchen
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
dkitchen@nb.sympatico.ca

Posted: 26 May 2007 3:13AM GMT
Hi KAren,
We would love to get in touch with you and add you to the family mailing list. My husbands father Larry, is your cousin.There is a yearly reunion and a family newsletter, that would benefit from your input!
Rod & June Strayer

Posted: 30 May 2007 3:54AM GMT
Surnames: Kitchen
Hi June,

Larry has my E-mail address at the University. I was planning to attend the Reunion this year, but a new job will keep me at the University for year-end closing. I am hoping to come home to Indiana late summer or early fall to see Aunt Rose; Of course this will depend on Mom and Dad's health.

I printed out a copy of Don Anger's book for Larry, hope you get a chance to take a look at it. Don has done a great job of documenting the family.

Karen

Posted: 30 May 2007 4:06AM GMT
Hey Darrell,

I guessed years ago that we must be related. Small world?

Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic