Search for content in message boards

Norwegian Baptismal Records

Norwegian Baptismal Records

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 9:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hansen
Do the baptismal records typically show the birthplace of the parents? My great-grandfather was baptised in Akershus in 1852 and the record appears to show the name, age, and birthplace of his parents. Is this correct? Also does the term "uogte" mean illegetimate?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Norwegian Baptismal Records

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 9:57PM GMT
the records mainly show where they live.
uægte means u.ægte (not ueægte) short for utenfor ægteskab, outside marriage

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 10:53PM GMT
Thanks for the quick reply. I really hoped it was a reference to the birthplace. No way to isolate the correct candidate.
No census, no marriage records etc.
Donna

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 12:29AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 12:31AM GMT
Donna -
Can you send a link to the baptismal record?

Or at least the child's name, parents, the baptism date, which parish or kommune in Akershus, etc.

The more information you offer, the better others can be of assistance.

~Vickie

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 12:55AM GMT
You have three names with ages and place of residence, the father, the mother and the child.
None of them appear in the 1865 Norwegian census?

Depending upon the exact parish in Akershus there well might be other resources to search.

But without the basic information about the three it would be impossible to even try to help you.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 12:59AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 12:59AM GMT
Here is a link to the record. I am interested in the final entry on the page: Johannes Adolph Waldemar Hansen, parents Martin Hansen and Johanne Sophie. Trying to find the correct Martin Hansen who appears to be born in 1828. Also if anyone can decipher the note in the far right column.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?show=424&uid=30940...

Many Thanks
Donna

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 1:04AM GMT
Thanks, I just posted a link to the record. Found mother and child in the 1865 census but trying to determine the correct father. No marriage involved. The father is listed as Martin Hansen on Johannes baptismal record as well as both of Johannes marriage records so I accept that is true. Just trying to find the correct Martin.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 1:26AM GMT
Donna -

The baptismal link didn't work (error message).

Please send all the details you know (as I mentioned in an earlier post).

~Vickie

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 1:35AM GMT
Here it is Digital Archives of Norway county Oslo, parish Aker Ministrialbok nr 19 (1842-1852) births 1852 page 395.
It is the bottom entry Johannes Adolph Waldemar.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 2:19AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2013 2:30AM GMT
That record lists where each of the parents are from - not necessarily where they currently reside as many other parishes did and we would assume with no information to the contrary.

So Johanne Sofie Johannesdtr is from Tøyengaden (sounds a lot like a street name) and Martin Hansen is from the district of Nittedal (in Akershus) and he currently appears to be in the military.

Hopefully this will be a reliable link to the correct page for that record -
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=570&id...

---------------
Familysearch.org indicates a Martin Hansen born at the end of 1827 in Nittedal. That was a quick way to search - but a better search would be to search carefully through several years in that parish for possible matches, then check confirmation records to make sure that child at least survived childhood.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions