Search for content in message boards

China Wall in Okanogan County

China Wall in Okanogan County

Posted: 30 May 2007 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me who to contact about ownership of the "china wall" mine site?

Re: China Wall in Okanogan County

Posted: 3 Jun 2007 5:12PM GMT
Susan:

Are you familiar with GIS? If so, you can download and view all current property ownership in Okanogan county by getting the parcel data from here:

http://www.okanogancounty.org/planning/data.htm

If you don't have any GIS software installed on your computer then I suggest you get the free dlgv32 Pro software here:

http://mcmcweb.er.usgs.gov/drc/dlgv32pro/

You can also use ArcExplorer as the Okanogan GIS web site suggests, but the USGS software I recommended is much better and is still being developed. Just download the parcel data as a zip file and dlgv32 Pro will open it still zipped up and display it correctly without any difficulty.

Or, if you don't want to become a GIS expert, give me an exact township range and quarter quarter section location for the mine and I will look it up for you.

John

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: China Wall & China-Poland Mine
Susan, don't you mean the China-Poland Mine? Check with your local library about inter-library loan. There are several books about the Okanogan County that mention the China Wall (which is just about all gone but did exist in Okanogan) and the China-Poland mine. The name of the mine sticks in my head because that's the brand name of a pig.

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 5:35AM GMT

Posted: 29 Jul 2007 7:10PM GMT
Thanks for everyone's help. I did drive into the old mine site which everyone calls the "China Wall." located about 10 miles in from the Loup-Loup highway. I also went out and down the road to the Ruby Historical Sign..that road is a goat trail and I would not advise anyone to take it unless in a jeep or high centered vehicle!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions