Search for content in message boards

Show All People in a Chart

Show All People in a Chart

Posted: 4 May 2013 6:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I've been using this software as a tool for a story I'm writing, so I'm using fictional characters in a tree. It's gotten pretty extensive and I'd like to see a chart representation of all the characters I've connected. I was wondering if there is some chart that just displays everything I've entered. The only thing I can find is the descendant chart, but that only displays direct line descendants. I can't see for instance the mother-in-law of a descendant. Is there any chart that shows everything, or some way to fool the Descendant Chart into doing so?

Re: Show All People in a Chart

Posted: 4 May 2013 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
The way to see everyone is to run an extended family chart. Unconnected people or even groups of people will be at the bottom left. If you story relationships are complicated, you may see a number where one island connects to another one through a particular person.

Another option would be the horizontal hourglass chart where you can see spouses of descendants as well as descendants. [but not the spouse's ancestors].
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions