Search for content in message boards

Giles H. Young

Giles H. Young

Posted: 8 Jan 2005 12:05AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2005 4:58PM GMT
Surnames: Young
Looking for information on Giles H. Young. Is listed on the 1880 census in Blackwater Franklin County Va. Children listed include my great grandfather James T (Tipton) Young. Am looking for information concerning this family. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Giles H. Young

Charles Young (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2005 4:10AM GMT
I am also trying to decipher the relationships of my Franklin County Young ancestors to the other Young families there. One possibility for your Giles looking at the 1850 census is one at about 7 years old, son of Saunders Young and America. The township/district is not listed but this would be about the right age. There is another Giles of about the right age listed in the 1870 census, but he is listed living next to an older Giles, who must be his father, and they live next to Armisted, who is older and should be their father or brother, not sure. I think this is in Brown Hill district. My ancestor is Peter Young, and I have not been able to prove a connection to the others yet.
Good luck on your search. I am sure someone out there has desciphered all these FCVA Youngs. It is tough to do from Louisiana!

Joel M. Cannaday (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2005 6:12AM GMT
Surnames: Young, Stanley, Dodson, Starkey
I have a Giles Young that married Adiliane Stanley, dau. of Reed A. and Frances A. V. (Dodson) Stanley. Not sure if this is Sanders and America's son. I don't have anything on their children.

I would like to know more about the Sanders and America Young's family. One of their daughters, Louisa Young, married Ethelbert "Tap" Starkey (c1848--?). Would appreciate any information on this family.

Thanks a lot,

Joel

Charles Young (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2005 3:18AM GMT
Surnames: Young, Moseley
I have been able to trace my own ancestors back in Franklin County VA, but don't have enough info to define the relationship to the other Youngs there. My line, starting with great grandfather born FCVA in 1877 and going backward is Moses Mordecai Young: David Crockett Young: Peter Young Jr: Peter Young. The only other record I have is that Peter Young Jr and Mordecai Moseley Young are brothers. Their mother was Malinda Moseley, dau of Mordecai Moseley of FCVA. My grandfather appears to have been named for Mordecai Moseley. I would like to make the connection between my Youngs and the others, such as James Young, etc. Someone must have done it, but I haven't found the reference yet.

Posted: 31 Mar 2005 2:09AM GMT
Edited: 2 Apr 2005 11:38PM GMT
Still searching for info also. I do know that James Tipton Young (g-grandfather) was the son of Giles and Sarah according to his marriage license in Carroll County. My mother did remember an Uncle Pete which fits in with the family listed on the 1880 census. She did recall some of the Young family living in the Shawsville area of Va. Have pictures of a 1st cousin to my grandmother Etta Francis Young of a Hatcher Young.

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 6:51PM GMT
Hey Cuz I am replying to a 8 year old message so hope you are still there and need info. Giles is my GG grandfather. Not sure where you are at but my YOUNG branch hasn't traveled far.From Franklin to Montgomery county to Roanoke county VA. I can make the entire round trip in 1 1/2 hrs.
My line is;
Saunders>Giles>Pete>Ethel>YOUNG>Dad>Me. I have researched this back to CLAN YOUNG circa.1400A.D. Be glad to help if still needed. Contact blb3917@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions