Search for content in message boards

Lorenzo Stout

Lorenzo Stout

Posted: 8 Nov 2000 9:32AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2002 1:12AM GMT
Looking for any info on my gggrandfather. Lorenzo Stout. I think he was born around 1818 in Scotland and came to Randolph Co. N.C. as a youngster. He died around 1894 in Chester Co. Tenn. His third wife,my gggrandmother, was Sarah Usery.

Lorenzo Stout

Posted: 8 Nov 2000 2:23PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 4:45AM GMT
How sure are you about Scotland? I have a Lorenzo Stout born about 1818 in KY to William Parke Stout and Ann Olmstead.

Bill Stout
bstout2@qwest.net

Lorenzo Stout

Posted: 8 Nov 2000 3:09PM GMT
I'm not real sure about Scotland. That was a quess by my granddad. My Lorenzo was married three times. He has widowed twice when he married my greatgrandmother in 1881 He had children by all three wives. He was 62 when he married my greatgrandmother. She was 23

Lorenzo Stout

Linda Reilman (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2000 6:34AM GMT
Mitzie, my GG Grandfather is William Lorenzo Stout, born about 1838 in Davie County, NC, married to Catherine Anderson. Could he be a son of your Lorenzo? What info do you have on the Stout family? Thanks for your reply. Linda Reilman

Lorenzo Stout

Posted: 21 Nov 2000 12:19PM GMT
Linda,thank you for your reply. My Lorenzo was born about 1818 in Scotland or North Carolina. There is some controversy on his place of birth. He married Martha Hendricks in Randolph Co.N.C. around 1837. Four known children were born to them,L.S., L.M., Martha and E.R. OF course there could have been more that i'm not aware of. At some point, they moved to Chester Co. Tenn. I'm not sure if his first wife died in N.C. or Tenn. The only child of his first marriage that I have knowledge of is E.A. Her name was Elizabeth and she died in Tenn. In 1858, Lorenzo married Katy Green and they had 3 children, William, Lorenzo Jr., and Susan. Katy died about 1878(I think).In 1880 Lorenzo married Sarah Ursery, my ggrandmother. She was 23 and Lorenzo was 61. They had 5 sons together, one of which was my grandfather, David Fields Stout. Lorenzo died about 1894 in Chester Co. Tenn. Sarah died 1942. I have more info on this family if you would like to have it. I would appreciate any info you have, also. I haven't been doing research very long and there is so much i do not know. You can e-mail me at LarryMitzie@aol.com Thanks, Mitzie

Lorenzo Stout

Posted: 21 Nov 2000 12:29PM GMT
Linda, I forgot to tell you something in my previous message. Lorenzo married Katy in Chester Co. Tenn., so he was in Tenn by 1858. He also lived in Corinth,Miss. for 2 or 3 years but was back in Tenn. by 1863.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions