Search for content in message boards

Simmons family of Hancock County Georgia

Simmons family of Hancock County Georgia

E.C.Sisson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2002 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Simmons, Morel, Gardiner, Hurt, Rutherford, Harris, Cary,Beman,Hight,Thompson,Berry
I'm looking for additional information on my family. They
came to the Hancock County area prior to it's inception. After the Battle of Kettle Creek they were granted land near Devereaux (mouth of the Shouderbone creek). My grandfather
was born in Sparta, then moved to Savannah where he ran an
elecrical supply business after extensive travel. His name was Gardiner Thomas Simmons Sr. He died of T.B. in 1935.

My great-grandfather owned a store in Sparta,installed
the first telephone service, and was a the Hancock
County Judge in the 1870's to 1880's. He also served in
the 15th GA. Co.E, Sparta volunteers 1861-1865. His name
was J.Clarence Simmons.

Re: Simmons family of Hancock County Georgia

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 8:58PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2002 11:13AM GMT
I do not know anything about the Simmons family in Devereux, but I am interested in your name Sisson; since I am researching that family from Wilkes County, Ga.

Posted: 18 Apr 2002 8:58PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2002 11:13AM GMT
I do not know anything about the Simmons family in Devereux, but I am interested in your name Sisson; since I am researching that family from Wilkes County, Ga.

Sue Simmons Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2002 7:15PM GMT
I am looking for information on my ggggrandfather, John B. Simmons who lived in Hancock County in the early 1800's. Any information would be great.

Posted: 19 Jun 2008 4:13AM GMT
I too am researching Sisson. My gggrabdmom married a Sisson and I belive had 2 or 3 girls by him. Her name was Prudence (Prudy) Bethany Maxwell, 1853 in GA. I am trying to find more info on the girls? LULA?, Nannie? and Rendy?.

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 3:29PM GMT
John B. Simmons or John Butts Simmons is my ggg grand father. He was born in Va. His sons were Charles, John A. Paul and Benj. J. (my line). There were other children as well He was born in 1785.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic