Search for content in message boards

Scaltrito Family from Messina

Scaltrito Family from Messina

Posted: 6 Mar 2007 5:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Scaltrito, Scaltreto, Todaro

Hi,

My name is Grant Scaltreto and I am trying to trace my family history. Somewhere along the line, my branch of the tree changed from an I to an E in my last name. I was able to get to my Great Great Grandfather Antonino Scaltrito born in Massa San Lucia, Messina. His wife was Rosa Todaro of Messina as well. There son, My Great Grandfather, Antonio (Tony) Scaltreto was born in Messina on October 19th 1889 and came to Boston, MA between 1905 and 1910. Antonino and Rosa also had a girl named Guiseppa Scaltrito. My great grandfather's first wife was Mamie Cardulo who died around 1912. She gave birth to a girl Giovanna (Jennie)Scaltrito. His second wife, my great grandmother, was Giovanna Donato. She had my Grandfather named Salvatore and my great uncle's Peter, Guy, and Joseph. I know there are relatives of mine in Massachusetts, New Jersey and Oregon. Anyone with information on the Scaltrito family would be appreciated.

Re: Scaltrito Family from Messina

Posted: 28 Mar 2007 6:37PM GMT
Hi,
Your family has many similarities to mine. I figured I would post just in case. I have traced my family name back to Scialter in Milazzo, near Messina. I have an Antonino Scialter (b. 1864 to Giovanni) in Sicily. He married Giuseppa Composto (b. 1868? in Milazzo). They had a Salvatore after moving to the US in 1908, but he did not survive.

Posted: 4 Apr 2007 4:25PM GMT
Thanks for your post. There are many similarities with our two families. Unfortunatly, I don't think we match. My Grandfather was Salvatore and he died in 1999. Thanks again for the information.

Posted: 14 Apr 2007 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: SCALTRITO, CARDULLO, CAMPAGNA
Hi Grant, My husband's great grandmother was Mamie CARDULLO'S aunt. I have yet to find her actual death date, but ca 1912 is what I have. Antonino SCALTRITO arrived in Boston in June of 1905 on the ship Canopic with his father Antonino. I have a lot of information on the CARDULLO's in MA. One of Mamie's uncles, Santo CARDULLO b. 1850, has descendants in OR. In fact I am in touch with one of Santo's great granddaughters, Barbara CAMPAGNA (her grandmother was Giovanna CARDULLO, daughter of Santo). If you would like any information at all, please let me know. Sincerely,
Julie in MA

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 2:59AM GMT
Hello, my name is Frank Crisafulli. From your post on March 5,2007 I think that you are somehow related. My grandfather Francesco Crisafulli came from Santa Lucia Del Mare, Sicily to Boston in 1911 he went back and married Mary Costa and he returned in 1913 and she followed in 1914. He came to a friend the first time at 41 Causfelt st. Boston and the second time he came to a cousin, Scaltrito who lived on 161 elliot St. Boston. I have an aunt Mary Donato who was married to Tony Donato and his sister Santa lived in Watertown.
I would be happy to hear from you.
Regards,
Frank Crisafulli
fmcrisafulli@verizon.net

Posted: 11 Dec 2007 1:08AM GMT
Hello, my name is Frank Crisafulli. From your post on March 5,2007 I think that you are somehow related. My grandfather Francesco Crisafulli came from Santa Lucia Del Mare, Sicily to Boston in 1911 he went back and married Mary Costa and he returned in 1913 and she followed in 1914. He came to a friend the first time at 41 Causfelt st. Boston and the second time he came to a cousin, Scaltrito who lived on 161 elliot St. Boston. I have an aunt Mary Donato who was married to Tony Donato and his sister Santa lived in Watertown.
Regards,
Frank Crisafulli
fmcrisafulli@verizon.net

Posted: 7 May 2009 5:13AM GMT
Surnames: Scaltrito
Hi Grant,

This message is a little delayed.. so not sure how far you got in your attempts to find out more about your family history... As you can see I'm a Scaltrito, and all of my family were born in Massa Santa Lucia, Messina, Sicily.
The only difference being that my grandfather, Antonio Scaltrito, came to Sydney Australia in the 1950's.

What did your research uncover?

Posted: 9 May 2009 7:07PM GMT
Regards,
Frank Crisafulli

Posted: 19 Aug 2009 3:41PM GMT
Hello, my name is Frank Crisafulli. I think that you are somehow related. My grandfather Francesco Crisafulli came from massa Santa Lucia, Sicily to Boston in 1911 he went back and married Mary Costa and he returned in 1913 and she followed in 1914, They had 4 children:Patrick(killed in WWll,Gaetano, Mary and Josephine. He came the first time at 41 Causfelt st.to a cousin(Scibilia) Boston and the second time he came to a cousin Scaltrito who lived on 161 elliot St. Boston. I have an aunt Mary Donato who was married to Tony Donato and Tony's sister Santa lived in Watertown. In the 1950's my grandfather was going to New york to meet relatives but there was a problem and they went to Australia instead. My grandfather had a brother and he had 5(?)daughters some of whom went to Australia.
Regards,
Frank Crisafulli

Posted: 3 Apr 2010 4:26AM GMT
Hi! I wrote you another message, but found this. Barbara Campagna Chatelain is my aunt, my mom's sister. I do remember her mentioning that she had been talking to someone about our ancestors, that must have been you! How funny.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions