Search for content in message boards

Ole Olson Rundupp

Ole Olson Rundupp

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 10:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ole Olson Rundupp
Looking for info on Ole Olson Rundupp(d 1799) m Joran Aslaksdtr . Farmed Hemesdal Ullsak and moved there in 1788. Does anyone know where Rundupp is and have info in bygdeboks on this pair? Thank you

Re: Ole Olson Rundupp

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 3:25PM GMT
Surnames: Ulsager, Ulsaker
You'll find "Rundtop" and "Rundtup" farms in the 1865 and 1900 Norway censuses. I didn't find a similar sounding farm name in the 1801 census.

Here is the Ulsager farm in 1801. Owner Knud Olsen was probably Ole Olsen's brother, or if Ole died fairly young,Knud's wife, Birgit Olsdatter, could have been Ole's sister?:
http://tinyurl.com/bnzavdd

It would help if you state:
1- Your resources for names and dates.
2- In which Norway county you're referring to.

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 4:37PM GMT
The info is from the Hemmesdal bygdebok. It just lists info on Ole Olson Rundupp and Joran Aslaksdtr ie came to Ullsak in 1788 died in 1799 and auction of the farm. Ullsak sja Hem /may be in Gol V 1 page 168. Their daughter was named Eli listed as Oye in Hemesdal book. She married Arne Pers. in 1816
born 1795 died 1858. Eli is listed as from Norde ovre Ullsak.
It would seem there may be a relation as the family from the 1801 census has a younger daughter named Joran.
The county is Buskerud

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 8:49PM GMT
Hemmesdal/Hemesdal vs. Hemsedal? I think the latter is the correct spelling.

This appears to be widow Jøran Aslachsdatter and her children (including daughter Elie, age 5) in the 1801 Hemsedals, Næss, Buskerud census:
http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&am...

www.familysearch.org shows this baptism:
Name: Aslach Olesen
Event Date: 02 Jun 1799
Event Place: Nes i Hallingdal, Buskerud, Norway
Father's Name: Ole Olsen
Father's Birthplace:
Mother's Name: Joran Aslachsdr
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C39710-7
System Origin: Norway-EASy
GS Film number: 123840

I wonder where Aslach was in the 1801 census? Or did he die young?

Lykke til! (Good luck!)

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 9:53PM GMT
In 1804 Joran married Ola Sjurdson Ullsak so more info may be found under him in Hemesdal No children from this marriage.

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 2:27PM GMT
Surnames: Knud Olsen Ulsager
Would the Hemesdal Slek Historie have info on parents of Knud Olsen/age 60 for 1801 census at Buskerud Naess Hemesdal Annex Ulsager. His brothers may be on this farm and their info on parents may be in the book. Michael Olsen(56) and Bjorn Olsen(65). Thanks

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 4:51PM GMT
I believe you can get the Hemsedal, Buskerud bygdebok through inter-library loan. Contact your local library for the procedure.

But your request will have to spell the area correctly: Hemsedal, rather than Hemesdal!

Posted: 4 Apr 2013 5:18PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions