Search for content in message boards

BIRDSALL

BIRDSALL

Shirley Birdsall Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Researching the parents of GILBERT BIRDSALL, born about 1784, Dutchess County, NY. GILBERT married OLIVE (SURNAME UNKNOWN, b.about 1785, Dutchess Co) about 1809. Their first three children were born in "NY", the next two in Putnam Co, followed by two in Litchfield Co, Connecticut, then one in Putnam Co, and the last (my great-grandfather, also named GILBERT)in Cayuga Co, NY, in 1832. By 1840, the family was in Michigan. Would also like to know OLIVE's maiden name and the names of her siblings and those of GILBERT (b.c.1784). Grateful for any information!

Shirley Birdsall Alexander

Re: BIRDSALL

Verdell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT

Do not find the name GILBERT in my information. NATHAN BIRDSALL was the first settler of what is now Pawling, Dutchess County, New York. He was born 1705. Maried Jane Langdon. Their second son, James, was the first white child born in Pawling. Have info on this family will share.is family will share.

Re: BIRDSALL

Barbara Tilton (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

I am descended from Nathan Birdsall and Jane Langdon through their daughter, Mary Birdsall b. Aug. 1, 1745 who married Samuel Towner. Will share any information I have!

BIRDSALL

Posted: 9 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:48AM GMT
Do you have an Anna Birdsall (4 Mar. 1764-26 Mar. 1837 or 39) who married Samuel Taylor possibly in Ontario, Canada and was the mother of Rebecca, Hannah, Elizabeth, Anna, Samuel, and Ruth? Taylor was from the Philadelphia area, but his family, being Quakers, moved to Canada after the revolution where families from Dutchess Co. NY had also come. So I suppose that Anna Birdsall's family might also have come from Dutchess Co. Do you know anything about her?
Thank you. Jim Lossing
Posted: 11 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Nov 2003 7:51AM GMT

Do not have an Anna Birdsall in the info I have from Dutchess County, NY. Have a John Birdsall, born 1763 who's parents were John and Elizabeth (Tripp) Birdsall but have no listing of his sibblings.

The father John was born at Long Island 1727, died at Unadilla, NY 1815 / 16. Married 1) Elizabeth Tripp 2) Rebecca Elwell.

E-mail me if I can be of any help. VERDELLH@aol.com

Benjamin Birdsall

Posted: 14 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Sep 2001 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: Birdsall, Theall
I am looking for the ancestors of Benjamin M. Birdsall (born 1785) who married Anne Theall (born 1780). They were from the Dutchess County, NY and moved to Franklin, LA with her parents - Hachaliah Theall and Hannah Hughson.

BIRDSALL

Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: BIRDSALL
Does any one know anything about a RACHEL BIRDSALL (said to be born July 21, 1753) who married RICHARD WILLIT/ETS around 1770? They lived in Monmouth County, New Jersey in the Little Egg Harbor/Stafford Township area.

Found an Anna Birdsall and Daniel Birdsall

Sarah (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT

Anna Catherine BIRDSALL (AFN: 1HKF-8VC) Sex: F

Event(s):
Born: 5 Sep 1838
London, Canada West
Died: 24 Apr 1873

Parents:
Father: Daniel BIRDSALL (AFN: BDKJ-WR)
Mother: Cullina WILSON (AFN: BDKJ-XX)

Marriage(s):
Spouse: Milton Lee CLARK (AFN: 1HKF-8T5)
Marriage: 15 Feb 1854

Birdsall

Sarah (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
I don't have an Anna Birdsall but do have a Samuel Birdsall who was born in New Jersersy or Pennsylvania and moved to Ontario, Canada by 1781, his son was born in Canada but I suspect Samuel may have moved to Can. to be with
relatives during the Revolution. Our family suspects that early NY'ers may have been Quakers as well, moving from NJ,to NY to Penn. then to Canada. I am trying to track down siblings of Samuel or siblings of his father (Jacob Birdsall) maybe there is a connection there.
Have you tried "http://www.familysearch.org/default.asp" the LDS Family History site? My Birdsall family is listed there because my mom's family are Mormon and did some research when she married my dad.
Good Luck and please let me know if you find anything- I'll do the same
Sarah Birdsall Morrison
g.s.morrison@ns.sympatico.ca

BIRDSALL

Posted: 10 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2002 3:01AM GMT
Surnames: BIRDSALL
The Pawling Free Library, 11 Broad St., Pawling, NY, 12531 has a book on the Birdsall genealogy. If you haven't seen this book, WRITE to library, ATTN:Sue. Please do not call or e-mail. Library is greatly understaffed and cannot take research calls on the phone.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions