Search for content in message boards

HARRIS FAMILY GREENE CO

HARRIS FAMILY GREENE CO

Posted: 17 Feb 2007 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HARRIS, CORRELL, RUFENACHT, WINKLEPLECK & MAY(BACH)
I haven't posted for some time now so with all the new searchers on line now, I thought I should post anew. My first proveable ancestor to the U.S. was John Henry HARRIS of German parentage who was born in Mifflin County, PA in 1804 and died in Tusc. County, OH in 1881. His son (my GGGrandfather) was born in Tusc. County,OH in 1830 and died in Daviess Co IN in 1869. My GGrandfather [his son] was born in Tusc. Co OH in 1851 and died in Indianapolis in 1943. Once the family landed in IN from OH they spread out over Greene, Daviess, Martin, Vigo, Morgan and Owen Counties. I have a lot of old German letters going back into the early and late 1800s. Anyone with info about my German HARRIS family as they became part if Indiana please write to me. I would be glad to share. My GGrandfather owned the HARRIS House hotel in Odon before selling out and moving to Indy. Families marrying into our family during this time frame include SOMMERS, CORRELL, RUFENACHT, WINKLEPLECK, MAY(BACH).
FRED HARRIS

Re: HARRIS FAMILY GREENE CO

Posted: 17 Feb 2007 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Our German/Swiss families came from Coschocton OH to Greene Martin & Daviess and are connected to Winkleplecks.
Jerimiah (H)Eshleman 1853-1936 & wife Mary Ann Fesler 1850-1930 came w/her parents Lawrence Fesler 1809=1890 and Joanna Grassbaugh 1820-1892. Connected families are in OH and IN are Overton, Freed and others.
Share all if I can be of help. Checking my Harris file asap!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions