Search for content in message boards

Howard Chase Walker, Massachusetts, Florida, Ohio

Howard Chase Walker, Massachusetts, Florida, Ohio

Posted: 21 Apr 2005 4:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 May 2005 5:27AM GMT
I am trying to locate information and family of Howard Chase Walker b Dec. 10, 1889/1888 in Massachusetts.
He enlisted for the WWI draft:
Name: Howard C Walker
City: Taunton
County: Bristol
State: Massachusetts
Birthplace: Massachusetts
Birth Date: 10 Dec 1889
Race: Caucasian
Roll: 1674460
DraftBoard: 0

Acording to his headstone He served in :
Mass, Pvt., BrtryDSJ (possibly DJJ) Arty CAC WWI

He passed away March 3, 1959 in Kissimmee, Osceola County, Florida. According to his obituary he was survived by a son Howard C Walker Jr. of Georgetown, Ohio and a step daughter Vesta Turner of Lakeland, Florida, a number of grandchildren and greatgrandchildren. The obit states he died at his granddaughter's home but it does not give her name. On the funeral home record it states he died at 1604 Campbell Avenue, Orlando, Florida. On his death certificate it lists the informant as Mrs. Naomi Shultz living at the Campbell Avenue address so I assume this is his granddaughter.

Pallbearers were Paul Campbell, A Cooper, Harry Hirtzel, W.T. Bevil, W.C. Seekman and Albert Babb.

The informant on his death certificate did not know the names of either of his paretns.
I have a copy of a Register of Estate for a Howard C Walker in Osceola County which states he was declared mentally incompetent by the Military around 1938.
It also mentions a son Robert WALKER.
I think this is him due to the date which whoever was the guardian of him filed for Release from Guardianship - the beginning of 1960.

Some time between 1927 and 1957 he married Minnie Ethlynd Suggs in Osceola County, Florida. Minnie had been married several times before so I do not know her latest surname at the time of their marriage.

Her first husband was Jonathon Zeno Ward of Whiteville, NC, next Henry Gerhardt, a Charland and maybe a Charles Smith. Anyway the last husband was Howard Chase Walker :).

I have pictures of them as a couple and his tombstone and would love to make some kind of connection with his family to share these. A picture of Hoawrd Chse and Minnie is attached to this post. Does anyone recognize them?

Any tidbits are greatly appreciated.
Attachments:

Re: Howard Chase Walker, Massachusetts, Florida, Ohio

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 12:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: walker
hi my name is bonita walker and howard c walker jr is my grandfather i was a little confused on the part about robert walker he was my grandfathers brother who hasnt been seen or heard from since 1934 along with his mother amanda maiden name goodwin any info you have would be wonderful cant wait to hear from you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic