Search for content in message boards

FTM 2012 opens but wont load tree synced with Ancestry

FTM 2012 opens but wont load tree synced with Ancestry

Posted: 25 May 2013 4:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
I've been using FTM for many years and never really had a problem with it until now. The program will open, I can see the tree that is synced with Ancestry but the tree itself will not open. I've moved the tree, didn't work. Tried to repair the software, didn't work. Uninstalled FTM and re-installed, didn't work. I even tried to load a previous backup of the file, didn't work. I've also been having problems with FTM just shutting down for no real reason. Any help would be much appreciated as like many of you I have a great deal of time involved with this and wouldn't want to lose anything.

Kind regards
Jamie

Re: FTM 2012 opens but wont load tree synced with Ancestry

Posted: 25 May 2013 12:23PM GMT
I have no idea what the original problem is but you may find this article useful

http://ftm.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5391

You won't have lost any data which will be on a file ending in .FTM

I assume also that you regularly backup your data using FTM's File>Backup which produces a .FTMB compressed file which you should store on another drive or media separate from where you normally run FTM.

John D

Jo

Posted: 25 May 2013 7:10PM GMT
Mine too randomly shuts down and/or locks up. I haven't had trouble synching, but on the Plan panel, the "Sync Now" button is disabled, and I use the Double-Arrowed icon in the top right. I'm getting frustrated.

Posted: 26 May 2013 3:37AM GMT
John,

Thanks for the help but it didn't work. Any more ideas?

Regards Jamie

Posted: 26 May 2013 4:05AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic