Search for content in message boards

Castlepollard, Co.Westmeath: BRADY

Castlepollard, Co.Westmeath: BRADY

Anita (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2001 11:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Sep 2008 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: BRADY,BAXTER,MULVANY,MULVANEY
Looking for information re:BRADY in Castlepollard, Co.Westmeath.

Other names of interest include:

BAXTER and MULVANY/MULVANEY.

Regards,
Anita

Re: Castlepollard, Co.Westmeath: BRADY

Posted: 4 Jun 2012 8:07AM GMT
Surnames: Brady, Mulvany
How are your Brady's connected to the Mulvany name? My Mulvany's are from Crosserlough Cavan, not that far from Castlepollard, Westmeath. There are a lot of Brady's there as well. My Great Grandfather John and his siblings immigrated to New York in the 1880's with the eldest sister Susan marrying a John Brady in 1900. I always thought they may have met in Ireland but haven't found a definate connection between the names besides being in the same town with Brady being fairly common I am looking for something more.

Re: Castlepollard, Co.Westmeath: BRADY

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 10:28PM GMT
Surnames: Mulvaney, Whitegate Cross, Cavan
The Mulvaneys and Bradys are my relatives, and the connection goes back several generations to Michael Mulvaney and Mary Gibney (b. 1870s). They lived at Whitegate Cross, Cavan and had a daughter, Mary (b. 1905), who married Patrick Brady.

The land later passed to Michael since the majority of his brothers had already left Ireland for the US (like my grandpa, who left in 1930), thus, the farm passed down through the Brady family.

If you need more information, please feel free to message me.

PJ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions