Search for content in message boards

Brzezowski family in Drohobyczka

Brzezowski family in Drohobyczka

Posted: 13 Jul 2001 6:26PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jun 2006 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: Brzezowski, Niklowicz
Grandmother, Aniela Brzezowska, b. 1894, immigrated to US in 1913 from Drohobyczka, Galicia (now Poland). Father: Anthony Brzezowski and Mother: Anna. Brothers are possibly, Antoni and Andrzej. Antoni may have immigrated to US earlier than Aniela and, by 1913 had settled in Youngstown, Ohio. Andrzej had been in the Austrian army in Hungary. Anybody connected out there?
Thanks,
Gordena Doering
modmob@pacbell.net

Re: Brzezowski family in Drohobyczka

Anthony Brzezowski Jr (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 5:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brzezowski
You refer to an Antoni. Any knowledge of if he was married. Any knowledge of him & family moving to either the Mass. New Jersey, or western New York Areas?

Gordena Doering (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2001 10:46PM GMT
Surnames: Brzezowski
I researched the Ellis Island records for my Grandmother, Aniela Brzezowska. I found her arrival ( ship sailed from Bremen, Germany), on Jan. 28, 1913. The ship's manifest says she was going to an Antoni Brzezowski, in Youngstown, Ohio. I then researched Antoni Brzezowski in the Ellis Island records. I found 2 Antoni's.

One came over on Feb. 20, 1907, (ship sailed from Bremen), the city he came from was Kluzmina, Galicia (the city could be misspelled). I couldn't get the ship's manifest image to come up today, but I remember he was going to a "friend's", I think in NY. He was 26 and unmarried at that time. When I can get the ship's manifest image to come up I will check it out more thoroughly.

The other Antoni arrived 3/31/1907, ship sailed from Hamburg, city he was from was listed as Huta or Hula. He was 35 and married at the time. I don't remember his destination. Again, I will get more detailed information when I can access the ship's manifest.

All I have for now is the Ellis Island information. I don't know if the Antoni that ended up in Youngstown, Ohio in 1913, stayed in Ohio or moved to another location. My Grandmother married in Youngstown and had her first 2 babies there, but left and moved to Hamtramck, Michigan by 1917.

Maybe you can tell me about your Brzezowski line.

Regards, for now.
Gordena Doering
modmob@pacbell.net

Posted: 14 Nov 2012 11:17PM GMT
Hello Gordena

I'm writing from Poland. In my mother's family were Antoni and Anna Brzozowski. It was the first Antoni's mariage. He lived in Drohobyczka and had sister Katarzyna (my great- grandmother, born in 1883?) and brother Józef. Antoni's children: Aniela, Wiktoria, Andrzej, Maria and Marcin. Aniela emigrated after family home fire. My mother seid that she few years later sent by ship her brother Andrzej living "horse in skin" from America. I don't know - was it truth or legend?

I think your ancesty matches mine.

Greetings
Edward Dudek

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 12:45AM GMT
Yes, it sounds like we have ancestors in common. My grandmother, Aniela, arrived in Youngstown, Ohio. I didn't know anything about her brother, Andrzej. Aniela did meet and marry my grandfather, Andrzej Niklowicz. They later moved to Michigan.

I don't know anything about her brother "living horse in skin". Sounds interesting, though.

I am so happy to hear from you!

Regards,
Gordena Doering
per page

Find a board about a specific topic