Search for content in message boards

Seidl book

Seidl book

Nancy Zalewski (View posts)
Posted: 2 Nov 2006 2:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Seidl
About 5 years ago I heard about a book about the Seidl family in Wisconsin. Does anyone know the name of the book, the author and/or where I could get it?

Re: Seidl book

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Seidl, Seidel
I have not heard of this book. My Seidl's are from Marshfield WI. Did you know my mother, Beatrice Seidl Barnes? Her father is William Seidl. His father is Charles Seidel. All are buried at St. Michael's in Hewitt, WI.

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 7:00PM GMT
My great-grandfather is Joseph Seidl who is the brother of Charles Seidl. I did not know your mother but I know of her. My grandmother, Colette, was very good friends with Bill and Rose Siedl. I never got an answer to my query on the Seidl book but I know I heard of it before.

Posted: 24 Jul 2012 9:21PM GMT
You can reach me on Facebook if you have an account. Donna Prepejchal
I believe the Seidls came on the Neckar, Bremen to New York, arrival 21 July 1876. Maria, age 40, was the widowed mother. She is with Joseph 18, Franz 15, Carl, 9. There is also another family of Seidls on the voyage. Bill Seidl had a godfather named Frank Seidl. I think that is Franz. Carl is Charles. On a German Bohemian board, I found Josef Seidl m Agnes Wilhelm. He is b 2 Sept 1857 in Fuchsburg, Neuern and arrived in US 1876. He settled in Hewitt, Wood County WI.

Posted: 25 Jul 2012 12:01AM GMT
I don't like to use Facebook. If you want to communicate with me personally you can send me your email address. I have all the same information. Joseph Seidl and Agnes Wilhelm are my g-grandparents.

Posted: 8 Aug 2012 1:03AM GMT
I think Iknow what book you are talking about. When I was at my father's in Andale several years ago, a relative had brought over a "book" or collection of information about the Seidls - I just asked him if he remembered who brought it over and he did not know. I think copied some pages from it. I had received some information from you several years ago on the Seidls and spent a lot of time putting this and more into a geneolgoy program. It may take me a couple of weeks, but I will try to look up some of this information for you.

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 1:37AM GMT
Thank you. I appreciate that. Nancy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions