Search for content in message boards

George and Elizabeth Roe

George and Elizabeth Roe

Posted: 11 Dec 2004 11:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Dec 2004 4:04AM GMT
Shelley Turner, we are working on the same Roe family. George Roe is the brother of my ggfrandmother. I have information on his siblings and parents. Please contact me.
Marla

Re: George and Elizabeth Roe

Posted: 30 May 2005 2:51PM GMT

Posted: 8 Aug 2005 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 12 Nov 2005 1:22AM GMT
Surnames: Roe
Bill,

I just found your name in a file at the Hackettstown Historical Museum. I am doing research on George Roe because he was one of the original sellers of the home we just bought there.

Would love to share information with you. You can email me directly at lammikins@hotmail.com

Marla Hoyt (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2005 3:41AM GMT
My George Roe and Elizabeth Priddle (or Puddel) are born in Ontario, Canada in the mid 1850's, but I appreciate the reply. Thanks, Marla

Brenda Catcher (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2006 3:39PM GMT
Hi!

Are you still looking for information on George and Elizabeth (Priddle or Priddel) Roe?

I am a great granddaughter of Elizabeth's brother, Stephen Priddle and I would be pleased to hear from you and see what information we can share.

Sincerely,

Brenda Catcher
brenda.catcher@sympatico.ca

Posted: 13 Jul 2007 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: Roe, Priddle
George Roe b June 11, 1840 m Elizabeth Withey Priddle b Dec 10, 1843 - they are my husband's great grandparents and are both buried in the Blackfalds, Alberta cemetery. Do you have more information on them as what I have is very skimpy prior to their arrival in Alberta.
Thanks,
Karen

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 6:19AM GMT
Karen,
I may have some info for you.
I have Father: George Roe b.abt 1795 Eng. d. 27 Jan 1856
Mother: Hannah______ b. abt 1810, Ont. Canada
children: William b abt 1832 Canada md. Mary
Alexander b abt 1834 Ont. Can
John b. abt 1836 Ont., Can. md. Elizabeth Richmond
My Line *Mary Ann b. 1838, Ont. Can. md. Walker Bulmer
George b. 11 Jun 1840 Whitechurch,Ont. Can Elizabeth Priddle or Puddle
Samuel b. abt 1842 Ont., Can.
If you think this is your Roe family, I do have more information. I would like to share. Maybe we can help each other.
Marla

Posted: 17 Jul 2007 2:38AM GMT
Marriage record of George Roe age 20 of Osprey Twp, Grey, Ont. Can. born Whitchurch, son of George Roe and Hannah____ md Elizabeth Priddle (or Puddle) age 18 of Markham dau of Stephen Priddle/Puddle and Maria_____ on 30 Dec. 1860 at the church of Scotland in Markham, Ont. Can. by James Gordon. Witnesses were John Priddle/Puddle and May Joyce both of Markham.
1880 census of Clare, Michigan, George and Elizabeth and 5 children: Adeline (age 17 b. Canada), Melvin (age 12 b. Mich.), Annie ( age 10 b. Mich.) Della (age 8 born Mich. and Edith (age 1 born Mich.)
You may want to chech the 1870 census for Clare, Mich. since they would have come to the USA after 1863 when Adeline was born. I didn't have my researcher do that at the time since I come through George's sister Mary Ann Roe.
Can send more if you're interested.
Marla

Posted: 17 Jul 2007 6:58AM GMT
not my george and elizabeth

Posted: 23 Jul 2007 3:19AM GMT
Hello Karen,

I may be able to help with additional PRIDDLE information.

Please reach me at the address below.

Ken Priddle,
KPri213085@aol.com
Port Coquitlam, BC
per page

Find a board about a specific topic