Search for content in message boards

Play It Forward

Play It Forward

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 9:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gundersdatter, Borufsen and Aanensdatter
My grandmother was Randi Gundersdatter,born March 2, 1872 on a farm place called "Lineland" to Gunder Borufsen and Ingeborg Aanensdatter.

I am trying to determine if any of her brothers or sisters had children that would be a starting point to determine if I have relatives living in Norway today. Her siblings were:
1.Bendik Gundersen born 15 March 1864 in Landland, Laudal, Vest Agder.
2. Torborg Gundersdatter born 18 Feb. 1866 in Landland, Laudal, Vest Agder.
3. Johan Gundersen born 19 July 1876 in Vigmostad in Nord-Audnedal, Vest-Agder, Norway.
4.Aanen Tobias born 15 June 1885 in Vigmostad, Vest-Adger, Norway.

I know this is asking a lot. But I am really lost in my search. I know that my grandmother had other siblings but they died in infancy or during their youth.

Any help or guidance you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank youk

Re: Play It Forward

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 3:42AM GMT
Edited: 25 Apr 2013 3:44AM GMT
Aanen and Johan are listed with their parents, unmarried, in the 1910 census:

http://digitalarkivet.arkivverket.no/ft/person/pf01036594000...

BUT.......

The census says Aanen is living in North Dakota, and Johan is living in Washington.

Did they stay in America or return to Norway?

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 11:08AM GMT
Wow, what a shock. I was never told that they came to America. I have to assume they returned to Norway as I was told that her entire family was in Norway. Thanks Brain for the great information and any other help you can provide would be fantastic.

Posted: 25 Apr 2013 12:28PM GMT
see prior messages regarding this post

Randi Gundersdatter - Message Boards - Ancestry.co.uk
boards.ancestry.co.uk › ... › Scandinavian and Baltic States › Norway › General
Aug 22, 2012 - 4 posts - 3 authors
My grandmother was Randi Gundersdatter born on March 2, 1872 in Mandel, Norway. She came to America in 1892. She met and married a ...
Randi Gundersdatter - Ancestry Message Boards
boards.ancestry.com › ... › Scandinavian and Baltic States › Norway › General
Aug 22, 2012 – My grandmother was Randi Gundersdatter born on March 2, 1872 in Mandel, Norway.

Posted: 1 Sep 2013 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: johnson,borufsen,gunvaldsdatter,kristiansen,annensdatter,tobiasdatter,gunvaldsen
my name is robert johnson,my grand mother was andrea borufsen, her father was andreas borufsen 1855-1948, his father was boruf kristiansen 1828-1896, her mother was othea danqvart aanensdatter 1828-1880, were they any relation you you grand mother ? my grandmother was married to charles johnson of sweden they lived in new york and penn.

Posted: 4 Sep 2013 5:25PM GMT
Edited: 4 Sep 2013 5:45PM GMT
Hi Robert, An online family tree lists your family this way:

Andreas Børufsen, Åvik born 02 July 1855 in Åvik, Spangereid, Vest-Agder, Norway
found in the 1865 census in Åvik, Spangereid, Vest-Agder, Norway (Digitalarkivet)

His FATHER: Børuf Kristiansen, Åvik born 12 Jan 1828 in Åvik, Spangereid, Vest-Agder
His MOTHER: Othea Ånensdatter, Njerve born 22 Sep 1828 in Njerve, Spangereid, Vest-Agder
Two children for this couple are named (not necessarily a complete list) - Andreas and a brother, Peder Kristian Børufsen Åvik 1853-1856

Børuf Kristiansen's PARENTS:
Børuf's FATHER: Peter Kristian Børufsen, Hovan born 15 MAR 1799 in Hovan, Sør-Audnedal, Vest-Agder, the son of Børuf Bertelsen Tredal (1775-1846) and Inger Elene Knudsdatter Hovan (1777-1846)
Børuf's MOTHER: Rakel Tomine Olsdatter, Åvik born early 1794 and baptised 02 Feb 1794 in Spangereid, Vest-Agder

Here is a link to the tree, with the name of the tree creator and his contact information.
http://gw.geneanet.org/hasto?lang=no&m=A&p=andreas+b...

Here is a link to a WONDERFUL conversation online that includes the creator of the above family tree. They are discussing "Boruf Christiansen, married to Othea Aanensdatter." Note it's important to look for the first name and the patronymic name. The address name at the end can change when the person moves. That's why sometimes people put a comma between the patronymic name and the address name.
(example: Børuf Kristiansen, Åvik means he's Børuf the son of Kristian and living at Åvik)
http://forum.arkivverket.no/topic/135363-49924-christian-bor...

You probably know all that but hope it's okay I added just in case it helps.
====================================================================
Here's the family being discussed in this thread.

1910 Census for 1028 Nord-Audnedal herred
Gunder Børufsen Hennestad born 03.09.1832 in Løvdal
Ingeborg Aanensdatter Hennestad born 06.06.1845 in Nordre Undal
Johan Gundersen Hennestad born 19.07.1876 in Nordre Undal, lives currently in Washington USA
Aanen Gundersen Hennestad born 15.06.1885 in Nordre Undal, lives currently in North Dakota USA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic