Search for content in message boards

John Frank WILLIAMS, Jr.

John Frank WILLIAMS, Jr.

Michael Harris (View posts)
Posted: 15 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: WILLIAMS, LALLERY, MURPHY, HALTON, SMITH, RABB, GODWIN, BAQUE, REDMON, DUKE, POOL
Published in the Houston Chronicle newspaper, Houston, Texas on 15 April 2001.

JOHN FRANK WILLIAMS, JR., of Commerce, loving husband, father, grandfather, brother and uncle, passed away April 11 at Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas following a courageous battle with cancer.

Mr. Williams was born September 10, 1928 in Willis, Texas, to Ola and John Franklin Williams, Sr. He graduated from Willis High School in 1945 and enlisted in the Navy, where he served for two years. Following his discharge, he went to work in the parts warehouse of Homco International Inc., a Houston-based oil field services and supply firm. There, he worked his way up, becoming vice president of administration, then vice president of operations and, ultimately, president and chief operating officer. In 1975, the company was acquired by W. R. Grace, and Mr. Williams was subsequently named corporate vice president for Grace's Natural Resources Group. Upon his retirement in 1990, he was named Chairman Emeritus of Homco. He was especially proud to have been elected by his peers to serve as treasurer of the Petroleum Equipment Suppliers Association from 1983 to 1989.
One of Mr. William's lifelong loves was his association with the Methodist Church. He served as lay leader at Bellaire United Methodist Church until moving to Kerrville, Texas, where he served on the church's building committee. He was a member of Kavanaugh United Methodist Church in Greenville at the time of his death, and Sunday School remained the highlight of his week.

Mr. Williams is preceded in death by his son John Thomas Williams, his stepson Lester Lalley, two sisters, Nona Murphy and Dortha Haltom, his mother, father, and stepfather, W. A. "Smoky" Smith. He is survived by Ruby Williams, his wife and devoted companion of 48 years; daughter and son-in-law Tina and Robert Rabb of Commerce, Texas; grandsons Joshua Godwin and Eli Rabb of Commerce; stepgrandsons Alec Rabb and John Rabb; loving sister Bobby Jean Baque of Opelousas, Louisiana; uncles Henry Redmon and M. L. Duke; sister-in-law Ruth Pool and brother-in-law and dear friend A. W. Pool, as well as many nieces and nephews.
Family will receive friends from 4:00-7:00 p.m., Sunday, April 15 at Earthman Bellaire Chapel, 6700 Ferris. Funeral Services will be at 10 a.m., Monday, April 16 at Bellaire United Methodist Church in Bellaire, Texas with Rev. Jack Allbright and Rev. Peter Cammarano officiating. Graveside services will follow at Willis Cemetery in Willis, Texas.

Re: John Frank WILLIAMS, Jr.

Richard A. Payne (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2001 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Williams, Payne, Couch
My paternal grandmother was Sarah Jane Williams born March 22, 1881 in rural Cooke County Texas. Her father was John Franklin Williams who was 20 years old at the time of her birth (1857-58) he was born in Alabama, his wife was Delilah Caroline Couch who was 20 at the time of grandmas birth (1860-61) she was born in Missouri. My grandmother died in August 3, 1964. I adored her. I am hopes of learning more about the Williams family, I am 1/4 a Williams myself. I was wondering if these Williams and the John Franklin Williams in the obit are related?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic