Search for content in message boards

A norwegian ambassador in spain (andersen)

A norwegian ambassador in spain (andersen)

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 9:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2013 9:30PM GMT
Surnames: andersen
hi, ive been searching for my norwegian ancestor called Alexander Andersen but I feel at loss because all the information we have besides the name is:

- he was the consul of norway in spain around 1900, thats when he had a child with Ana Molina, this child is Adolfo Molina (1900-1967), they were not married and Adolfo did not inherit the Andersen last name

- Adolfo was born in Malaga, Spain.

- i have a photo of alexander which Im attaching

I wrote to the norwegian embassy in spain asking for a list of consuls but they didnt reply. I live in Costa Rica...

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments:

Re: A norwegian ambassador in spain (andersen)

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 10:48AM GMT
Hi,

I’ve done some quick search on the name Alexander Andersen (in Norwegian) and not come up with anything usefull. I have also had a look at the 1900 and 1910 census but not found a suitable candidate, but then again he might have been in Spain in this periods.
Also bear in mind that Alexander might not be The Ambassador but employed at the embassy or conulat, he might also have been an honorary consul.
You could try to contact The Regional State Archives in Oslo and ask if there is any way you can find out if he was employed at the Embassy, Consulat or held the title of Honoray Consul in Spain in that time period.
The Regional State Archives in Olso: e-mail: saoslo(a)arkivverket.no

Then I would advice you to find Adolfo’s baptizm record, marriage record, death record, nautraliszation records etc.
Records like that could reveal more information regarding his father, like when and where he was born.

Regads,
Arna

Posted: 6 Jun 2013 3:25PM GMT
thank you, they replied saying that they redirected my message to National Archives of Norway

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: andersen
so i this is the info that they gave me:

We have been searching through the State Calendars for the late 19th and early 20th century and have not been able to find any Alexander Andersen. There was however a vice consul Alejandro Karin Andersen in Malaga (born 1842) between 1906 and 1914. Furthermore a Menard Alejandro Andersen (born 1870) took over the position from 1915 onwards. They were both born in Norway, where Alejandro would be an unlikely name, so it is possible that they changed the spelling from Alexander to Alejandro when they came to Spain.
We can't find any more on these men in our archives, but an Alejandro Andersen Johansen got married in Malaga in 1869, according to http://www.familysearch.org. As a curiosity a letter written on Alejandro Andersens stationary was recently on auction at this URL: http://www.todocoleccion.net/malaga-1901-carta-comercial-ale...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions