Search for content in message boards

Beasley/Tart's in Johnston Co, NC

Beasley/Tart's in Johnston Co, NC

Posted: 16 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jun 2003 6:43PM GMT
Surnames: Beasley, Tart, Hudson, Peacock, Smith, Eldridge, Hood, Westbrook, Mitchell
I am interested in finding out information on any possible relatives from Johnston County, North Carolina. My great-grandparents were Lillie Florence Tart (b. 5-18-1903) and John Elbert Beasley (b. 3-20-1897).
Paternal side:
John Elbert Beasley's parents were John K. Beasley (b. 3-25-1862) and Edieth Cathern Hudson (b. 7-9-1864).
John K. Beasley's parents were John Wesley Beasley and Charlotte Hood.
Edieth Cathern Hudson's parents were Benjamin Farmer Hudson (b. abt 1822) and Elizabeth Eldridge (b. abt 1826).
Maternal side:
Lillie Florence Tart's parents were Young John Tart (b. 7-3-1862) and Amanda Anne Peacock (b. 11-22-1867).
Young John Tart's parents were James William Tart (b. 1815) and Winnifred Smith (b. 1817).
Note: I have information which traces the Tart genealogy back to Elnathan Tarte (born in 1635; married Alice born in 1639) at Saint Michael Parrish, Crooked Lane, London, England. Also, I have the names of Young John Tart's 14 brothers and sisters!
Amanda Anne Peacock's parents were John Bryant Peacock and Nancy Elizabeth Smith.
If anyone can help me, I would appreciate other information and would be glad to share more! I am trying to research all lines back to, at least, the 1600's! Thank you!

Mitchell's in your family treee

Margaret Mitchell Grimsley (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mitchell, Carlton
My father Ondus Corneilus Mitchell was born in Johnston County, North Carolina, April 7, 1901. He married Betty Sasser. His father was Oliver Corneilus Mitchell and was married to Elizabeth Carlton. My father's siblings were Bertha, Sidney, William, and Inez. That is all the information that I have on this part of the family. I don't know if there is any connection to your family tree or not. If so, please let me know or if you know of someone that does. I live in Wisconsin and have just begun to search out my father's side of the family. Betty Sasser died at the age of 27. Ondus then married my mother Margaret Ronie Johnson from Sampson County, North Carolina.

Thank you for any assistance you provide.

CHARLOTTE HOOD

Posted: 8 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2002 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: HOOD, ELLINGTON
Do you know the given names of the parents of CHARLOTTE?
Were she and JOHN married in Johnston County? Thanks Darlene

Smith

Kim Parrish (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I looking for any information about Ruffin Smith who married
Mary Hodges. They had 5 children that I know of: Wash Smith, Molly Smith, Rach Smith, Shepard Smith, and Edward Walter Smith. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kim

Posted: 1 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2001 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
I believe that the Winifred Smith who married James William Tart is the daughter of James Smith (b 1761) and Senia Jane Lee (b 1770), both born in Johnston County, NC. I also have Hudsons, Beasleys and Peacocks in my line, but none that are listed in yours. I would be happy to provide more information on the Smith line if you are interested. I would love the names of Young John Tart's brothers and sisters.
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: TART, BAREFOOT
Hello!
I am hoping that you can assist me a bit with the TART family. I am trying to find information about the ancestors of Kitsey TART b. December 1831 in Johnston Co., NC d. 1909. She married James B. BAREFOOT of Johnson Co., NC. The children that are know to me are: Elizabeth, Ava, James, William, Ransom, Sallie, Westbrook, Kitsey, Miles, and Geral. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!
Best wishes,
Gregg Leeser

Beasley

Helen Beasley (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Beasley, Dupree
I am researching Beasley and Dupree family of Johnston County. Can you list some of the Beasleys in your research? I am looking for a Matharce or Syke Beasley, late 1800s He and Disie had George Bailey, Brance, Alice, and another daughter. Any help appreciated.
Posted: 24 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2002 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: BEASLEY
MY FATHER WAS DOLAN HILL BEASLEY AND HIS FATHER WAS THOMAS HALLIE BEASLEY. DO EITHER OF THESE TIE IN WITH YOUR BEASLEYS
THANKS

Re: Beasley/Tart's in Johnston Co, NC

michael tart (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2002 12:02AM GMT
Amy,
My relatives are from Johnston Co., NC. My Father was William Eugene Tart born in Benson. My Grandfather was John William Tart of Benson. My Grandmother was Ettie Barefoot. We are related to both the Peacocks and the Beasleys. I have a cousin in Dunn, NC who has engaged in extensive research of the Tarts and has also come up with Elnathan Tart. I would like to trace this history further. Contact me.
Michael Tart

Re: Beasley/Tart's in Johnston Co, NC

Rudolph Tart (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2002 9:17PM GMT
Hello Amy, it seems that you might have read my family history. These are the same names and dates that I have. My linage comes out from Nathan-b-3-13-1847. He was my grandfather. My father was William James Tart -b-7-1-1889. I would like to talk with you on these matters. Write me at "rtart1998@earthlink.net". Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic