Search for content in message boards

Pyeatt/Piatt/etc c1850s

Pyeatt/Piatt/etc c1850s

Posted: 26 Jan 2002 12:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Aug 2004 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Piatt, Pyeatt, Pyatt, Inks, McClure, Hornsby, Helton, Votaw, Shoultz, Hildebrand, Greene, Pruit
I lose track of my Jacob PYEATT (various spelling b: c1793 MO in Williamson Co in 1853 when he and wife, Olivia ?McCLURE/?INKS PYEATT, sign over property to one of their sons, John PIATT, back in St Louis Co, MO, where they were still living in the fall of 1849. I can find them on no checked census index for 1850 and I have manually checked most of the known connected counties in MO and each entry of the 1850 Williamson County, TX, census (I made a crude index if anyone is interested). Jacob never shows up again after the 1853 deed but Olivia moves to California with her son, Andrew McClure PYEATT who was previously in San Saba Co, TX, with his brother, James Benton PYEATT (they were TX Rangers with John SLAUGHTER). Jacob and Olivia's son, William Dudley PYEATT, married in Burnett Co, TX (recently created from Williamson) in 1853 to Diane HORNSBY whose death certificate says she was the daughter of Tom HORNSBY and Beth HELTON. Some families connected to the Pyeatts in MO include McCLURE, INKS, VOTAW, SHOULTZ, HILDEBRAND, GREENE, SMITH, PRUIT. Does anyone have access to Williamson County or general Texas indexes, etc. who could hlep me solve this brickwall? Thanks, Marianne

Re: Pyeatt/Piatt/etc c1850s

Posted: 1 Apr 2004 11:02PM GMT
The family info I have on Jacob is that he moved to Texas in 1854 and lived there at least until 1865. The question I have is who is Jacob's mother, and who were his father John's parents? Any info appreciated

Re: Pyeatt/Piatt/etc c1850s

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 4:08AM GMT
I have found a lot of additional records for Jacob Pyeatt in Texas. He died sometime after May 2, 1865 near Fort Cummings, New Mexico, while on a wagon trail with the Cole and Willis groups. He was buried beside his lifelong friend, Billy Cole who had died there the previous year (also bound for California). I still do not know who Jacob's mother was or who his grandparents were.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic