Search for content in message boards

Hardin's in Clay County, Arkansas

Hardin's in Clay County, Arkansas

Terry Smart (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2001 10:12PM GMT
Does anyone have any information on Hardins in Clay County, Arkansas. My GGGGparents were William Hardin and Eliza Jane Woodbay. GGGparents were Daniel Thomas Hardin and Bersheba Elizabeth Paysinger and GGparents were Eva Lena Hardin and William Boone (Pony) Hickman. I would like to hear from anyone from this line with information they might be willing to share. I can be reached at tsmart12@home.com

Re: Hardin's in Clay County, Arkansas

Posted: 13 Nov 2004 9:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jul 2005 9:34PM GMT
Hello! I just saw your message on the internet. I was raised in Rector, Arkansas - Clay County, My grandmother's maiden name was Hardin.
Her father, my great grandfather was Leonard Biers Hardin. His father and mother were William and Liza Jane Hardin. Leonard married Mary Frances Huggins abou† 1888 and had 4 kids: Hattie, Dorothy(My Grandmother), Claude and Logan. Dorothy (Mam-ma) died in 1994 lacking 2 months being 100 years old. She told me a story that you might find interesting. Liza Jane came over to this country from Holland with her father. Her father sold things that he carried on the back of a mule. Liza Jane would ride on top of the mule with the things to sell and they would travel around selling. When she was about 13 her father was ambushed by a group of thieves who killed her father stole all their wares and left her atop of the mule. She was bonded out to a family in the Lincoln County, Tennessee area. Her maiden name was Biers but what I found when she and William married they state her name to be Woodbay. I figure that's the name of the family to whom she was bonded. Anyway, Mam-ma said that one day William was walking by a field where she was working and he noticed that she was being worked to a frazzel. So he wanted to get her out of the situation and the only way he could think of was marry her! So he did. and they had several kids. I don't know all their names but Leonard was one of them.
I remember Mam-ma talking about Uncle Daniel. So I thought Leonard and Daniel must be brothers. William and Liza Jane are buried outside of Rector in a cemetary called Mary's Chapel. Wm. was born in 1817 and it listed her being born 1828 I think. It also says thå† Wm. died in 1900. Wish I knew more to help you. Hope this helps.

Sonjia Fulkerson

Re: Hardin's in Clay County, Arkansas

Posted: 2 Jul 2014 2:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
William and Eliza Jane Hardin were also my great, great, great grandparents. Located their graves in Mary's Chapel cemetery outside Rector. Their son Daniel was also my great great grandfather (buried in Woodland Heights Cemetery in Rector). His son, John Rufus was my great grandfather; Eva Lena was his sister. Hollie Hardin was my grandfather. Hollie had 4 children; Clifton who died as a young adult in a motorcycle accident in St. Louis, twins, Ray and Ralph (my father) and Willodean. All lived in Rector. My sister and I are completing family research. Have a lot of information. The story also on this post about Eliza's father being killed is contained in a hand written document located in the Rector Library. Tried to email you, but returned as failed.
Shiela Hardin

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions