Search for content in message boards

Thomas Harper

Thomas Harper

Anne (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2000 5:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2012 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Harper
I am interested in finding ancestors or descendents of Thomas Harper, who resided in East Boston, b. app. 1822 in Ireland, married to Joanna Harper.

Re: Thomas Harper

Posted: 24 Feb 2002 3:24AM GMT
Anne, Please contact me concerning Thomas Harper. I have some info on him, including naturalization papers and marriage info.
Tom Leary

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harper, Lynch
Joanna Harper, the wife of Thomas, was a sister to my GG grandmother Hannah Lynch. Please contacct me for informaion concerning Thomas Harper of East Boston, ca 1840's through 1870's

Posted: 17 Aug 2012 2:35AM GMT
Edited: 17 Aug 2012 1:39PM GMT
Surnames: Harper, Reardon, Clooney
Still trying to locate Anne Reardon, original poster of this message, who also was posting Clooney information. Have info on Thomas Harper background and family

Posted: 20 Sep 2012 9:09AM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2012 1:31PM GMT
Hi there,

Long time no see. Sorry, I wasn't too vigilant about checking on this site. I hope you are still out there.

I have some tattered tidbits, but I am eager to hear what you know....

Anne

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 2:53AM GMT
Anne
Thanks for your reply. Will dig out my notes and write more tomorrow
Tom (pvt email is tjleary@aol.com)

Posted: 21 Sep 2012 8:13PM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2012 1:52PM GMT
Surnames: Harper, Lynch, O'Leary
Hi Anne,
Thomas H Harper was the husband of Johanna (Joanna) Lynch. She was a sister of my GG grandmother Hannah Lynch O'Leary. Thomas was born at Donah Handray, county Tyrone Ireland on 25 December 1817. On Oct. 15th 1851 he became a naturalized U.S. citizen. (I have a copy of the naturalization document). Witnesses to the naturalization were John Lynch, contractor, East Boston and Timothy Lynch, Chelsea - both were brothers of Hannah and Joanna.
On Sept 8th 1844, a son, named William James was born to Thomas Harper and Johanna Lynch. The baptism was at St Nicholas Church in East Boston by Father NJA O'Brien, the first pastor. (The church was renamed as the Chursh of the Most Holy Redeemer in 1854 and it is still an active parish in East Boston). It is probable that other children were born to the couple, but I do not have that information currently.
Later, in November 1872, Thomas was mentioned as the husband of Johanna
when she was identified as the sister of John Lynch in his will. Neither Johanna or Thomas received any benefit from the will.
I believe that Thomas may have served in one of the Massachusetts Infantry regiments during the Civil War (possibly the 48th) but I do not have all of the information concerning that possible service at this time.
That is about all that I can locate at this time, I am very interested in learning what information you may have about Thomas and Johanna and their family. And I also have a Reardon connection to the Lynch family that I will share with you later. Regards, Tom - tjleary@aol.com

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 5:31PM GMT
Who was his father and mother and did he have sibs who stayed in Tyrone?

Posted: 23 Sep 2012 5:48PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2012 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: Daly
Currently, the only info I have is that his father was Henry and his mother Sarah. There was a man leasing his property later in life named Rev. Peter Daly.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions