Search for content in message boards

CHANEY WRIGHT born @1780 around Loudon CO., TN

CHANEY WRIGHT born @1780 around Loudon CO., TN

Posted: 13 Jan 2006 11:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Apr 2006 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: WRIGHT
My great great grandfather was Alford Wesley WRIGHT born 30 Apr 1838 died after 1924 in Cocke Co., TN. He told the family his (Alfords) Grandmother was an Indian named Chaney. He could remember going with her to milk the cows when snow was on the ground. She did not wear shoes and took her bare feet and would break the ice. He said the hide on her feet was thick. He passed along many wonderful stories about her we have written down. My great Uncle told me she was born "down around the Fort Loudon area of Tennessee." We thought she was a Yuchi Indian but we have no proof of it. Has anyone else heard the story about her being born around Fort Loudon or if she could be a Yuchi Indian? Great Great Grandfather Alford was quite a talker as was many of his descendents and loved to pass along stories. I have tried to record as many of them as possible. Would like to hear other stories about Grandmother Chaney. Thank You Patty

Re: CHANEY WRIGHT born @1780 around Loudon CO., TN

Posted: 15 Aug 2009 12:26AM GMT
I am a beginner in genealogy. My great great great grandfather was Isaac Wright born 1777. He was married to an Indian by the name of Chaney. They lived in Tennessee and North Carolina. I don't know too much more than that right now as like I said I'm just beginning to research my ancestry.
Judy

Posted: 15 Aug 2009 3:57AM GMT
Judy, contact me at jhwright@edge.net. Chaney is not in my line, but I have some information that may help you. John

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 10:00AM GMT
Do you have any information as to Isaac's father and mother were? Or even better, who his brothers and sisters were? I have been trying to trace the tree of John Wright born about 1790 in TN and was curious if your tree would fit into mine.

Thanks.

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 1:35PM GMT
The Family History Center has a family history of Isaac Wright
and wife China's descendants on 7 micro-fiche that you should order. The FHL number is 6089084. see description attached.
Attachments:

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 5:28PM GMT
I am just beginning but Isaac Wright's father was also named Isaac. His mother was Rebecca Thompson. I think I got some things re brothers or sisters. Let me check and get back to you.

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 11:45PM GMT
In Tennessee Bible Records I found on Ancestry. There was an Isaac Wright, wife Rebecca and daughter Rebecca. No other infomation on them. Could this be your Isaac? If so where in TN did they live?

Julia

Posted: 19 Aug 2009 2:14PM GMT
Yes, Isaac and Rebecca Thompson Wright were the parents of Isaac Wright who was married to China/Chaney Wright. As known Isaac and Chaney lived in North Carolina.

Posted: 20 Aug 2009 10:11PM GMT
Where do I write to get the info from Family History Center?
I[m sorry it took so long to get back to you. This info will really help me in getting my family ancestry. Thanks, Judy

Posted: 21 Aug 2009 1:36AM GMT
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp

click on the link above, then the library icon on the web page..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic