Search for content in message boards

White space in portrait

White space in portrait

Posted: 20 Jun 2013 12:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
How does one remove the white space around an individual's portrait? There is either white space on the top/bottom margins, or the left/right margins.

Re: White space in portrait

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 12:37AM GMT
Where are you getting this white areas?
In what report, chart and how are you making these items?

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 3:58AM GMT
The white space is not associated with any reports or charts. It is a picture to replace the blue (male) or pink (female) silhouette picture.

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 5:52AM GMT
Tools>Options>General and tick the box crop portrait display

John D

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 2:46PM GMT
The reason that you are seeing this white strip, is because the "thumbnail" display area is different from the area of the image.
The cropping allows the image to be "Cropped" where needed to fit in the predesigned display area.

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 5:56AM GMT
John D,
The tools-->options setting works in FTM 2012.
But, is there any similar setting at the ancestry.com family tree?

I had used "square" pictures for the recent photos I had added, but the early ones are not square and show white space.

The setting you suggested fixes this in FTM 2012 but there is still white space showing at ancestry.com

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 6:21AM GMT
I assume the suggestions were FTM specific since you posted your question on the FTM board. The member trees board might be a good place to post it.

Posted: 28 Jun 2013 2:01AM GMT
David, Unfortunately, selecting the crop feature in tools>options did not correct the problem. I think I need to play with the size of the picture before linking it to a person.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions