Search for content in message boards

Louis GOLDEN m. Susan and Olga?

Louis GOLDEN m. Susan and Olga?

Liz Carson Rosas (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2006 4:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Golden, Fritzberg
Does anyone know if these two (Louis and L.M.) Goldens are one and the same? I find Louis Golden (b.ca 1850) in the 1880 census, married to Susan (probably Fritzberg), with one son, Arnold.

Nr. 59 , Frederiksted Kings Street, Kings Street, B. C. Roines , 1880,
Name: Sex: Occupation: Age:

Louis Golden M 30 (b. abt. 1850)
Susan Golden F (wife) 29
Arnold Golden M 8
Peter Fritzberg M 62
Mary Francis F 6

And then I find L.M. Golden (b. abt 1851) in 1901 married to Olga with 8 children ranging in age from 17 to 7 months. Does anyone know if he was married twice?

1901 Danish Census -- st. Croix

Frederiksted Kings Street, Kings Street, Goldens Children , 1901,

L. M. Golden, Merchant, 50
Olga Golden 29
Joseuce?? Golden 17
Louisa Golden 11
Louis Golden 10
Helen Golden 8
May Golden 6
Catharine Golden 5
Maud Golden 2
Doris Golden 7 months
Wil?? Jorden F Nurser 36
Ann Joseph F Pensioner 64
Ha?? Jackson M Servant 27
Mary Urgant F Servant 14

Re: Louis GOLDEN m. Susan and Olga?

Arnold M. Golden (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2006 11:11PM GMT
Louis Mortimer Golden is Louis born ca. 1850.
His first son was with Ana Blasini, Arnold M. Golden.
He then married Susana Fritzberg. Their children were Terrence Alan Joseph, Louis Cyril, and Louisa. He then married my grandmother Judith Olga Prendergast and they had Louis R., Maud, May, Doris, Evelyn . I have to take some time to review the questions that you asked previously. I am more familiar with Bernard, James, Louis M., Louis R. as this is my direct line. By the way, Ann Golden your former classmate is my daughter, and Maureen is my neice, Best regards, Morty Golden

Liz Carson Rosas (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2006 5:56AM GMT

Dear Morty,

Well what a small world! That is so incredible! I remember visiting at your house once when I was a little girl! So nice to meet you again.

Thanks for straightening me out on Louis M.Golden's children. I am still piecing the puzzle together. Your wealth of knowledge has certainly helped! I hope one or more of your children are interested in family history and will appreciate all your work.

My kids just kind of roll their eyes and sigh whenever I mention genealogy! lol But they are young yet. (All three are college age now.) Time will tell.

I know Ann's graduating class from St. Joe's is planning a 30-year reunion for next summer. I had hoped to be able to make it down for the fun, but don't know if I will be able to make it at this point. Keeping my fingers crossed....

Thanks again, so much, for your posts. It is so amazing to touch base with someone I met in person almost 40 years ago! Technology sure is incredible!

Liz in CA

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 8:33PM GMT
Surnames: Fritzberg
Hi Arnold, My name is Barbara Riggs. I want to get some family history on Susana Fritzberg. My grandfather was Peter Fritzberg and I believe they were related. They lived in Haiti so I was trying to find how and why they immigrated there and how they came to St. Croix to begin with. Any information would be great. Also I now they came to Massachusetts is there family still in that region?

Posted: 12 Sep 2013 3:17PM GMT
Hi Barbara, My name is Gerda and Susana Fritzberg was my great grandmother. My grandfather, Cyril Golden, was her son.. I don't know if we are related, but it would be interesting to find out.

Posted: 20 Oct 2014 2:30AM GMT
Hi Gerda, sorry for the delay in writing back. My grandfather Peter Fritzberg's family was from St. Croix. So I would love to learn any history of the family and see any pictures you may have.
I can be reached at barbarariggs@yahoo.com.

Posted: 2 Nov 2014 2:13AM GMT
Hi Barbara, I was glad to hear from you. Please contact me at: greatlars1928@yahoo.com, Eager to hear from you, Gerda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic