Search for content in message boards

Orleans County Lusks

Orleans County Lusks

Posted: 30 May 2002 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lusk
Am looking for info on Ira Lusk of Orleans County. Married Betsey Williams and had son named Charles E. Lusk. Charles married Electa Lewis (have info on her) and they had several children (have 6 at last count). Interested in Adelbert who married a Margaret J. Cleary. Son Walter is my great-grandfather. Many Lusk family members seem to disappear from Orleans County records. Unclear as to Walters wife - is either Louise E. Wake or Way. They were killed in a buggy/auto accident in 1934. Any info would be appreciated.

Was Ira Lusk brother or son to Samuel Lusk?

Tamara Turner (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2003 5:35PM GMT
Surnames: Lusk, Hull, Huntoon
Did you find your Ira Lusk? What are his dates? His son Charles (b. 29 Nov 1835 and died in Murray, Orleans, NY) was born the same year that a Samuel Lusk (1780-1835) died. That would put him in the same generation as Samuel and Comfort (Hull) Lusk's children. Do you know if Ira was a brother to Samuel or possibly a son? There's the possibility that one of Samuel's sons named his son Ira (b. abt 1838) possibly after an uncle or brother? Have you found Ira or his parents since you posted this message?

As for disappearing from Orleans County, my Phebe Lusk (b.1815) moved with her husband, Nathaniel Huntoon and 6 children to Clinton County, MI. I also noticed on the website for Glidden Cemetery that Samuel Lusk's wife Comfort is buried in MI. Thinking that my Phebe is the daughter of Samuel and Comfort, I thought she followed her brothers and mother to MI. I found several of them in the 1870 MI census that the Library of MI has online. The family ended up in Branch county, MI in 1870. It looks like Comfort Lusk (b. abt 1794) was there with "sons" Cyrus (b. abt 1817), Silas (b.abt 1819), Elias (b.abt 1811) and Samuel (b. abt 1822) as well as "grandsons", Ira (b.abt 1838), Richard (b. abt 1838) and Alfred (b. abt 1843). So that's where the Samuel (or rather the Comfort) Lusk branch went to.

Re: Was Ira Lusk brother or son to Samuel Lusk?

Posted: 16 Nov 2009 5:34PM GMT
I have info indicating that Ira Lusk and Betsy had a daughter, Julia b 1843 in MI. Also other MI Lusk info. One Ira Lusk was m to Caroline, who married his bro Col. John Lusk after Ira died. She died in Calhoun Co. MI. If you have any info on this Lusk line, please advise. Looking for parents of George W. 1835, Hiram K., Wm B, Cynthia (Wicker)b Lockport. I'm not part of ancestry. smithji67890@yahoo.com

Re: Orleans County Lusks

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 3:00PM GMT
Hello, Adelbert Lusk is my great grandfather. His daughter, Flora is my grandmother. I do have a lot of info. on this family.

Posted: 2 Apr 2011 4:05PM GMT
And from the info. I have Ira Lusk was the son of Solomon Lusk. Solomon was a colonel in the war of 1812.

Posted: 23 Feb 2013 11:34PM GMT
My wife's great-great-great-grandfather is Adelbert Lusk. Her great-great grandmother is Josephine (Marguerite) Lusk. I'd be interested in any information you have on this family.

Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic