Search for content in message boards

individuals wont stay connected to parents

individuals wont stay connected to parents

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 9:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jun 2013 10:19PM GMT
Ive had this problem before and it was resolved, but Ive forgotten the solution, and having the problem again, and cant find my original post. its possible it was on another website but am almost sure it was here.

At any rate, I keep getting parents disconnected from their offspring, at least on tree view. They remain in the database.

With the orphaned individual high lit, I click "Person" from the menu (in People view), then attach person, then add his father from the database. then I get an error stating "These people cannot be attached because one of them is already a direct relationship of the other."

So to make sure the father was misplaced as a grandson or something (therefore not visible on the tree, I did a used the relationship tool and it shows the correct relation (father and son). However the father doesnt show on the tree, (no one does its blank) and I cant attach him.

Does anyone know what causes this

update
This is my third edit in almost as many minutes

I googled the error and found the solution here
http://boards.ancestry.com/topics.software.famtreemaker/5630...

Still, what causes the problem to begin with?

When does the next version of ftm come out?

Re: individuals wont stay connected to parents

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 11:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Do you Sync your FTM file to an ancestery family tree?

This kind of bizarre behavior is sometimes reported by Sync users.

If that is the cause, the solution would be unlink the FTM file with the ancestry tree.

If Sync isn't your problem, do you do a lot of merges and then attempt to clean-up merges....?? This kind of bizarre behavior is sometimes a result of merging and attempted cleanups.

As for a solution, the only thing I can suggest is try to detach everyone that is in the "wrong" circle and re-attach all over again.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions