Search for content in message boards

WILLIAMS

Posted: 30 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: WILLIAMS,
Edward Williams (2) with his brothers James Philip Williams, brother-in-law John Sarah(Williams)Turner, Sr. are all found in Rowan Co. by mid 1750's. The Williams father was Edward Williams (1) of the South Branch of the Potomac River, Hampshire Co.VA. who left a will 4 Sept 1754, in which he name them his wife Mary and additional children Vincent, William and Mary Williams. Edward Willimas (2) wife Jane before coming to Rowan is found in the Christ Chruch Records of Phil, PA. sons Edward (3) bapt 28 July 1734 @10mo; John, bapt 9 June 1738 dies 9 Mar 1746-7; Samuel, bapt 13 Dec 1744 @3mo. Edward and Samuel with mother Jane are proven in Rowan Records. Other children are Vincent oldest son proven and daughters Pricillia who marries Anderson Smith 4 Sept 1763 Rowan, and Mary who marries her cousin Samuel Williams son of James, 27 Sept 1769 Rowan Co. Does any one have additional information on where Vincent, Pricillia and Mary were bapt/born. Or where the Edward Williams of Hampshire Co VA came from. Would like hearing from any one interested in this family, or the Smith or Turners.the Smith or Turners.

Williams

Jerry Vorheis (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Turner

I am searching for information on John and Sarah (Williams) Turner in Rowan County in the same time frame you have mentioned. Did they have a daughter named Sarah? If so, did she marry Samuel Freeman?
If this the couple for which I am searching, I would appreciate any information you would be willing to share. I have information on Sarah and Samuel Freeman's decendents I would be happy to share.
Thanks!
Posted: 27 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 9:15PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Freeman, Turner
The Rowan Co. NC famils of William, Smith, Freeman and Turner family are all connected. You are correct in your assumption that John Turner Sr, was had a wife Sarah. She was the daughter of Edward Williams of Hampshire Co. VA. who died in 1735.

I just receive another request for information of this family. I will go through my files and answer the questons for both of you. It will be after the 1st of the year.

I am not sure of your E-mail address the first letter is not clear. 2jdvcmv@msn.com, is what I take it to be if not correct please let me know.

Happy new year.

Gloria

Williams-Freeman

Gloria Padach (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Jerry

I went over my papers last evening. Sarah Williams was the daughter of Edward and Mary Williams. of Hampshire Co. Va. Edward was born c1680 and died leaving a will dated 4 Sept 1754 and proved 8 Sept 1761. In it he names his children.
James, Edward, Vincent, William, Philip, Sarah and Mary.
It is estimated that Sarah was born c1710-1720.

James, Edward, and Philip Williams, are in Rowan Co. NC. by 1757. This family is closely associated with the Turner family before the leave for NC. Sarah the wife of John Turner, Sr. also goes to Rowan in the same time period. Sarah relationship is proven by letters written between the Williams and Turner families. The 4 known children of John and Sarah Turner, Sr. are: Thomas, who marries, Catherine, the daughter of Thomas & Rebecca Smith. John, Jr. who mar: Rebecca the daughter of Andrew & Anna Smith. Andrew Smith is the son of Thomas and Rebecca Smith. Sarah Turner mar: Samuel Freeman.

The first know residence of Samuel Freeman is in 1767 in Rowan Co., when he purchased land from William Young. There are very few reference to him in the records of Rowan Co. NC.

He leave a will in Madison Co KY Book B. page 146. in which he names his children: Mary, Sarah, Rebeckah, Hannah, Elenor, Caty, Jonathan, Edward, Lucretia, William, Martha, Samuel and Anna. Wife is Sarah.

I have the married names of the daughters and some of the sons wives, if that will be of help to you.

Samuel Freeman, may have been the son of John Freeman.

Gloria

John, Jr. who marries the

Williams

Posted: 29 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Williams
Gloria,
Thanks very much for your reply. You just made a big hole in the brick wall I ran into with my research. The information you gave for the children of Samuel and Sarah Freeman matches what I have. I have the names of the childrens' spouses except for Mary, Lucretia and Caty. I also have the name of a girl named Martha "Patsy". She is listed last, so I presume she is the youngest.
I tried to reply to your E-mail, but it came back undeliverable. My e-mail does start with a "Z" . It is zjdvcmv@msn.com.
How do you tie into the Turner family? I descended from Samuel and Sarah Freeman's daughter, Sarah Donoho. She married Robert Donoho in Madison Co. KY on 5/15/1795.
If you need information on this line, please let me know. I will be glad to share what I have.
Thanks again for your reply. Happy searching.
Jerry

WILLIAMS--Rowan County

Paul Williams (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WILLIAMS, WIMBERLEY, HARRIS, PROCK
Gloria,
I located your information on Rowan County, NC Query Forum and read your posting and the responses. I have traced my
family back to my ggg grandfather William Williams who was born in 1782 and was married to Kissiah or Keziah(maiden name unknown). At this point I have been totally stuck and cannot find out anything about him.
Would you please check your records and see if we have a connection or maybe you might have information that can help me get though this brick wall.

I have quite a lot of information on Williams and related lines up through current years and will be happy to share. My email address:paulj23@ix.netcom.com
Thanks,
Paul Williams

James Lawrence Williams

Molly Graham Welch (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Graham, Mantooth, Smith, Williams, Brantley, Stockton
Did William Williams move to Georgia. My gg-grandfather was James Lawrence Williams b. 1819 in GA with both parents b. in NC. I am trying to tie him to a William Williams who lived in Meriwether Co., GA. James later moved to Chambers Co., AL, Winn Par., LA and Hunt Co., TX. He married first Mary Dawson, then Georgia Brantley.

Harris Samuel 1770

Glenn Kennedy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Coats, Thompsom, Teer, Williams
Looking For info on Samuel Harris Dob 1770 to 1780 From
North Carolina MArried Mary Coats in 1800 in Tenn .
Moved Hareman Co Tenn , John Harris Married Savillia
Thompson 1827 moved To Texas 1837 .Will Share

John and Sarah (Williams) Turner family

Posted: 21 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 7:22AM GMT
Surnames: TURNER, WILLIAMS, FREEMAN, DONOHO
Hi Jerry. Would really line to know something about Robert Donoho who married Sally Freeman in 1795 in Madison Co., Kentucky. Have researched Samuel Freeman as he is part of the glue that ties the Turner family of Rowan Co., North Carolina together. Philip Turner, youngest son of John Turner and Sarah (Williams) Turner of Rowan Co., North Carolina, wrote a letter to his son Talton Turner who was living in Glasgow, Missouri in 1823. In the letter he mentions his aunt Sary Freeman who is very old. Also mentions aunt Rebeckah Barnes (widow of Elias Barnes) and Shadrack Barnes and Hannah Barnes his wife-another aunt. These folks all left Rowan Co., North Carolina about the same time (1780-1800) and moved to the Madison Co., Kentucky area. Some members of the family then moved on to Boone Co., Missouri and surrounding counties. Jesse Donoho, son of Robert Donoho died in Boone Co., Missouri. I would be interested in exchanging info with you on these familes.

John and Sarah (Williams) Turner family

Posted: 22 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Turner Williams Freeman Donoho
V. Darcey,
Thank you for your reply. I will be happy to send you my information on Robert Donoho, which isn't much. I have info on his descendents. I will send you an e-mail so I don't take up so much room here.
Thanks, Jerry
per page

Find a board about a specific topic