Search for content in message boards

LOOPER

LOOPER

Dale Looper (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Looper, Prather, Rogers, Raney, Denton, Hayes, Stevenson
Looking for relatives scattered everywhere now. From NC>TN>ARK>OK>OH>evrywhere else. I have a large Prather/Rogers list that were Cherokee Indian scattered over TN>OK. and possibly Cherokee County, Ok. as well as Tulsa, Grove, and Sequoyah County. Anyone knowing any info of any of these families drop me a line. Dale Looper
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jul 2001 12:05AM GMT
I am interested in your Prather/Rogers list. My ggrandmother was Mary Ellen Rogers, d of Gilbert who was a son of Robert who was a son of John. John married Cherokee.

My exhusbands line has Prathers.
Ida Belle PRATHER was born in March 1854. Her father was John H. PRATHER was born in 1822 in Madison County, KY
Any chance of a connection?
Georgie

Prathers and Rogers

Dale Looper (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Looper, Prather, Rogers, Denton, Stevenson
Going way back I have this line with Prather/Rogers:
John "Jack" Rogers marries Jenny Dhue & Elizabeth Emory. out of these marriages comes about 17 children. Answering your question I do have a Robert Dhue Rogers. My line from the Rogers is John's son Charles Rogers. He married a Nancy Dowling and had eight children. Pleasant Rogers marriage to Pheobe Hickman was my line so far. Their two children married Prathers. Pleasant Jr. married Annie Henryetta Prather and Edith Caroline Rogers married a Robert A. Prather. There are so many Rogers and Prathers it is hard to keep track of. Ihave a Richard L. Prather married to a Georgina E. Rogers - Robert A. Prather II marries Caroline C. Rogers and out of all this mess comes a Mack Looper and marries a Reba Prather in Caney, Kansas in 1924. It seems like all these Prathers and Rogers took place in Tenn., Nc.,Okla, Texas. There were a lot of Prathers in Ky. and also Loopers, but my family came from out west. I hope I did not make this too confusing I know my grandfather Mack lived in Ark. and Okla. including the county of Cherokee. If you want a complete list of Rogers I can take the time and send them. Dale Looper

Ellen Drew

Posted: 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Drew
The only Ellen Drews I have married Drews. I have one that married William Drew son of John Drew & Charlotte Scales. The other also married a William (middle name of Henry) He was the son of Richard Drew & Jennie Bushyhead. Her last name was Covil. If your Ellen was Cherokee, there is probably a connection somewhere. As far as I know the Cherokee Drews all came from one of 3 brothers, the 2 mentioned above and William who married Delilah McIntosh.
If your Ellen is Cherokee and not one of the above please send me what info you have as I am trying to track all Cherokee Drews.
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2002 1:00AM GMT
Surnames: Drew
Hi Georgie,
I noticed your last name would you happen to have an Ellen Drew married to a Ellis Willie around the late 1800 in your
line? The two were from the Tahlequah area,
Donna
Posted: 10 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hopkins, Myers, Scott, Willie, Drew
Hi Georgie,
I don't see a connection, Ellen was also called Ella
I looked through my files and seen where I made note with a
question,that her fathers name was a Noah,
So I thank you Georgie for your time,
Donna

Drew/Scott

Just read your response and noticed you are also researching the name Scott. I also have Scotts, so I decided to give a brief list of my ancestors--backwards.
Georgiana Drew (me)Ray Drew (Father)David Daniel Drew (GFather)Daniel David Drew aka Daniel Scott on the Cherokee Old Settlers Roll (GGFather)Patsy Scott(GGGMother)Jane Scott (GGGGMother)
You said Ellen to begin with so that is all I looked up. My Daniel had a daugher Ella b 1883 but she married a Moore.

Surnames: Myers, Scott, Willie, Hopkins, Drew
Thank you for getting back , and right now all I have is
Ellis Willie married an Ellen(Ella)Drew and the only sibling
I know of is a Jeff Willie who married a Dora D.Myers
if I later learn of the lineage and it connects I will be sure to get back with you, thank you again,
Donna
Posted: 4 Oct 2001 12:21AM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2002 5:48AM GMT
DALE, I ALSO HAVE RELATIVES LIVING AT TULSA. MY DAD HAS UNCLES THERE. THEY ARE MY GRANDFATHERS BROTHER, ONE IS COY LOOPER. MY GRANDFATHER IS TROY LOOPER. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE INDIAN.

Re: Prathers and Rogers

Posted: 13 Aug 2002 2:50AM GMT
I have a Pleasant Rogers in my line married to a Phoebe Hickman..he was born Nov 29, 1801 in Tenn. She was born Jan 25, 1812 in SC...their son George William Rogers was my g-g grandfather. My Pleasant Rogers died in Humphreys Tenn and his father was William Rogers who was born in NC bet 1763-1775. His mother was Cyntha (Chassy) Jones born abt 1775. I show that Phoebe Hickman was his 2nd wife. I do not show any Prathers. However i have seen other info that there was a Pleasant Rogers married to a Phoebe Hickman and his father was Charles Rogers. Its interesting that there were 2 Pleasants married to Phoebes in the same time frame..something isn't right here i think. Any of this sound familiar to you? please reply to SheriWar@aol.com.tks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions