Search for content in message boards

William Irwin Baird, IL, OH, IA

William Irwin Baird, IL, OH, IA

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 8:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baird/Beard/Jones
William Irwin Baird was born in 1870 in IL, married to Ethel Serene Jones in Goldfield, Wright, IA according to info on LDS. I do find them living in Vermilion County, IL in 1920 and 1930 census. I recently got his death certificate and it lists his parents as James C. Baird and Eliza Ellen Jones from OH.
I thoght William's grandparents might be William Beard and Eliza IRwin from OH. William and Eliza were married in Clermont OH in 1838 and James and Eliza were married in Clermont OH in 1865. Does anyone know anything about this James, who his father was ? William Irwin was supposedly born in Champaign, IL, but death certificate says Broadlands. Does anyone know where that is in IL? Thanks.

Re: William Irwin Baird, IL, OH, IA

Posted: 9 Jan 2003 1:41AM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2004 1:02AM GMT
Surnames: Beard/Baird/Jones/Martin
William's father was James C. Baird, mother Eliza Ellen Jones. I found James C's father, James Baird and his mother, Jane (I think Jane Martin) who were married 3/22/1821 in Brown County, OH. This James is 54 in 1850 census of Brown County, OH and place of birth looks like PA, but his son shows his parents birthplace as VA in the 1880. I don't know which one is wrong? If this James was from Va, he could be related to the William Beard married to Eliza Irwin in the 1850 Clermont Cty census. I think my Willian Irwin is somehow named after this Beard family. Any info????
thanks

Posted: 28 Jun 2011 4:08PM GMT
Broadlands is a Township in the Southeast Corner of Champaign County, Illinois

Posted: 2 Jul 2011 2:49PM GMT
I have a Jane Martin married to James Baird and a few generations back to the Rev. War. If you don't have this information, please email me at Jlittle7701@yahoo.com and I will mail it to you. Be sure to put Baird in the subject line.

Posted: 6 Jun 2012 11:05PM GMT
Surnames: Baird
My 2ggrandfather is James Clark Baird and married Eliza Ellen Jones. I've found his parents on the 1850 and 1870 census for Champaign, Illinois. Fathers name appears to be John and mothers is Jane born around 1816 PA and 1817 Ohio respectively. Just wondering about that marriage date; doesn't seem to fit their age. Would love more info if anyone has it. Email at beegee3@q.com

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 11:16PM GMT
I was wrong about John and Jane Baird. It appears that my relation was James and Jane Baird; born 1796 and 1800 respectively. I find them in the 1850 census for Clark Twp, Brown Co., Ohio. Their children are Alexander 26, William H. 25, Nancy 23, Martha J. 21, Eliza 15, and my 2ggrandfather James C. 11.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic