Search for content in message boards

HELP!!!

Posted: 29 Jun 2001 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Census
Surnames: mc carthy, madden, brownlee
hey...i was wondering would anyone have any information on mc carthys from ireland....any part?? thanks
Posted: 10 Aug 2002 2:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just came back from Ireland.What I found out was alot of McCarthy's came from Limerick and Cork.My family came from Ireland but I can't find out which part.My grandmother was name Annie Neville and she came to America around the 1900's my grandfather came to America shortly after.My grandfather's name was Thomas McCarthy. My grandmother and grandfather was married in Salem, Mass. 12-26-1913.I have been looking for about 6mos.now. It is very hard to find out any information with out knowing which part of Ireland they came from. On my father's birth certificate just says Ireland.On my grandparents marriage certificate it just says Ireland. I wish you alot of luck on your search. I have even checked Ellis Island to try and find out when they came over.

Re: HELP!!!

Posted: 10 Jan 2007 4:20AM GMT
You and me both.I have William Mc Carthy b 1831 - father Henry Mc Carthy of Magheraconluce Co Down.William m'd Mary Jane Raverty b 1831,father John Raverty of Drumlough Co Down.William and Mary Jane m'd in Lisburn in 1852,but lived in Hillsborough Co Down where their children Robert Henry 1861,Margaret 1862, and John (known as Jack)1865 were born.(May have been children between 1852 and 1861,but these I'm sure of)I can get no further with Henry Mc Carthy.The name "Brownlee" was quite common in Co Antrim.Do any of these names figure in your research? Betsy Harper

Posted: 15 Jun 2009 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Denis, John Francis, Patrick Albert, Timothy, William John, Henry Joseph, Georgina, Frank
My Great Grandfather (Denis married to Ellen or Helen Healey) was born near Mallow County Cork in 1840- also lived in India (military) - came to Canada to Winnipeg - children - John Francis, Patrick Albert, Timothy and William John

My Grandfather was John Francis (Frank), and my father was Henry Joseph (siblings Georgina, and Frank).

Hope this is some help - please feel free to contact me and have a wonderful day!

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 7:00PM GMT
I also am from the Denis McCarthy Ellen Healy line. My grandfather was William John. I would be interested in sharing information. Please email @ wenmccarthy@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic