Search for content in message boards

Edward O Berven

Edward O Berven

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 12:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Berven Olsen Olesen Lundberg Johnson
Edward O Berven born abt 1885 in Ovre Borve Hardanger Norway.

Middle name possibly Olesen or Olsen

Married Emma Johnsdatter Lundberg (born abt 1879- Sweden)

They crossed the border to Canada in 1922 ( previously lived Annaheim Saskatchewan)- Emma's also lived in Naicam Saskatchewan. Her father was Johan August Lundberg and mother was Albertina Rosengren

Looking for more information on Edward?? Who were his parents ..Possible brothers Torvald (abt 1882-1884) and Kristian (bn abt 1886)

Help please :)

Thanks
Jay

Re: Edward O Berven

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 2:25PM GMT
Øvre Børve is an ancient and large farm in Ullensvang, Hordaland, Norway. There were quite a few households who resided there in a number of small cottages.

Have you checked the parish records of births already?

I don't find the brothers mentioned on that farm in the published history "Odda, Ullensvang og Kinsarvik i gamal og ny tid - Bygdesoga - IV/2"

Edward married Lundberg AFTER he left Norway? correct?
Where did they settle? when?
Did the other brothers call themselves Berven too?

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 4:00PM GMT
Maybe there's misunderstanding about what generation left Norway? This guy was a married man & American citizen when he came back to visit, might well have had children born in the time-span you mention
Records for dates of departure:
Bergen 1874 April 13 Edvin Olsen Berven m gift Amerikansk Borger 1839 (age 35)
Bergen 1910 Juni 20 Edvind O. Berven m g Farmer 1838 (age 72) Ullensvang Yankton So(uth) Dak(ota)

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 5:18PM GMT
The Edward O. Berven who made these return trips to Norway was married to a woman named "Inger S. Knutsen", so appears to be someone else.

Edward and Inger had children named Amanda, Anna, Issac and Alice.

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 5:29PM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2013 5:31PM GMT
Surnames: Berven Johnson Lundberg Olsen Olesen
Hei

I do not know much about Edward/ Edvard O Berven ??

I believe he was born abt 1885- he put on his 1922 border crossing record he was from Ortenso ?? or Ostense ?? Istense?? Hardanger Norway - Hard to make out:( They were living in Orr Minnesota prior to this crossing

Yes, he must have married Emma Johnson (Lundberg) after 1918- as her previous husband William Griffin died October 1918 in WW1.

Looks like Emma and Edward lived in Annaheim Saskatchewan then went to the USA due to Emma's poor health about May 1920.

I am not exact sure if Torvold and Kristian were brothers but the both came from Norway to the same area of Saskatchewan and are born about the same time.. I just found out about Edward Berven yesterday so havent been able to check much yet.

There are alot of Berven's in the USA so I thought If I could find out who Edward's parents were then I can search in the USA records for other siblings or parents.

I think that his full name was Edward Olesen (or Olsen) Berven. It appears he may have arrived at New York in March 1905 ???

I do think it is Edward not Edvind - (Nina)

Sorry to be so vague:(

Jay

Attachments:

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 5:48PM GMT
Surnames: Berven Johnson Lundberg Olesen Olsen
Hi Brian ..I am looking for info on a Edward O Berven born about 1885- (not Edvind)

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 5:58PM GMT
Can you post Edward's border crossing record also? I would like to see what it says about where he is from. I am thinking maybe "Øystese", the parish next to Ullensvang.

Brian

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: Berven Johnson Lundberg Olesen
I was just trying to do that :)

Here is Edward's border crossing:)

Jay
Attachments:

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 6:05PM GMT
I think "Øystese" is correct. There is a farm called Berven there.

Posted: 5 Nov 2013 6:08PM GMT
Surnames: Berven Johnson Lundberg Olsen Olesen
Thanks Brian

Is it in Hardanger then? Is that where I should look? I need to find his parents then i can search the USA and Canada for his siblings and where he died etc.

Jay

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions