Spessard Stone 1944-2011

Spessard Stone 1944-2011

Posted: 17 Sep 2011 3:11PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 10 Oct 2011 1:25PM GMT

SPESSARD
MUNSELLE
STONE, 67

WAUCHULA - Spessard Munselle Stone, 67, of Wauchula, died of pneumonia on Sept. 15, 2011 at Florida Hospital in Sebring.
Born in Clewiston on Sept. 2, 1944, he was a genealogist and historian and the author of "John and William, Sons of Robert Hendry" and "Hardee County: Its Heritage and People". He was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Wauchula where he taught the Open Door Class.
"The time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I kept the faith." --2 Timothy 6b-7 (KJV).
He was preceded in death by his parents, Tracy H. Stone and Anne Hendry Stone and neph-ew, Daniel Stone.
He is survived by his sister, Renee S. Schiele (Frank L. Jr.) of Valrico; two brothers, Hugh T. Stone (Rachel) of Tampa, and Sherrick Stone (Delila) of Live Oak; three nieces, Teresa Roper of Apopka, Toni Peterson of Lithia, and Julie Stone of Zolfo Springs; and two nephews, Frank L. Schiele III of Valrico and Steven Stone of Magnolia, Texas.
Funeral services will be held on Sunday, Sept. 18th at 2:00 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church of Wauchula with Rev. Danielle Upton officiating. Interment is in Bowling Green Cemetery.
Arrangements by Robarts Family Funeral Home.

Published in Ledger on September 17, 2011

Re: Spessard Stone 1944-2011

Posted: 18 Sep 2011 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for posting this- I do have the paper, but it was nice to see it posted. Will miss his pages. I do wonder if the pages he has up will remain.
Peggy

Re: Spessard Stone 1944-2011

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 7:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Oct 2011 1:26PM GMT
Dear Love Ones,

I am so sorry to hear of his loss. I knew of him through research and study but never knew him personally. Though everyday, I felt like I knew him personally as if I was talking to him everyday. I believe I did speak to him once through the message board on this network some years back. His work was instrumental and inspiring. He helped me find my family on my dad's side. I was hoping to meet him since I moved down a few months ago. My prayers are with you all of you and those who work with him. May God Bless Him Always!!

Sincerely,
Virginia (Freeman) Simmer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic