Search for content in message boards

James Taylor and Jane Saunders

James Taylor and Jane Saunders

Posted: 31 Dec 2002 7:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jun 2003 2:45PM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Saunders
I am looking for any information on James Taylor born in England circa 1786. I'm not sure when he migrated to America. He married Jane Sauders on 04 Sept. 1831. Jane was born on 04 Oct. 1811. They may have been married in Delaware.

Re: James Taylor and Jane Saunders

Posted: 15 Feb 2003 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2004 12:08AM GMT
Surnames: Taylor, Saunders
I have Taylor and Saunders both in my line too. Please email me.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 12:45AM GMT
Hi are you still around and still willing to share information?

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 2:10AM GMT
Yes, and I got Joseph Saunders (father-in-law to Robert Taylor) military record. It turned out to be most interesting. He captained a ship for John Paul Jones working directly with the Marquis de LaFayette. His ship was captured and he and his men imprisoned in the hold I think you call it. They blasted their way out. Since he had no ship they put him in charge of supplies at Yorktown and he reported directly to George Washington himself. His descendent who was the first to come to Cinti was a bartender and died alone and poor in the county home - we thought he came over from Ireland in the potato famine - looks like we were wrong. Can't seem to find anyone else researching the Taylor and Saunders families in conjunction with each other or anyone connecting to these families. Taylor was in NC, VA, Columbus MS, Courtland AL, and possibly TN. With two of the same last names like that I can't help but think there's some connection there.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 2:30AM GMT
Wow that is some find. I have other ancestors that were in the PA militia during the Revolution. Others printed money for the Continental Army. Do you have your research published on your tree? Hopefully I can start looking at some new items next weekend. I've been trying for years to find the burial site of James Taylor. I just discovered his sons were buried in Trenton NJ. Trying to track down the Cemetery.

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 8:22PM GMT
Sounds like they may have been killed in the revolution unless they relocated as so many people did so often back then. I haven't worked on my genealogy in depth in years and just did it as a hobby, however, I did spend a lot of time on it locally and in VA and DC. I just have word documents with information - everything is very informal - always thought i'd take the time to enter it into one of those programs but...I'll be glad to share anything I have with you but nothing relates to PA or NJ however that doesn't mean no connection. The Bolling family mostly lived in the South but one son went to PA and his family branched out from there. So if that happened to them I'm sure it happened in other families as well. I'm always interested in gathering and sharing information.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 4:49PM GMT
would you be willing to email me the military record you have for Saunders? or tell me which form you filled out?

btw. I just found James Taylor's death and burial record. Big score for me. Been looking for it for years. The cemetery is near me so I can confirm it's what I've been looking for this weekend.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 7:28PM GMT
Congratulations on your find. I really should start working on my genealogy again but don't know when I'll find the time.

I filed a form NATF form 85 to get the pension record but if your looking for someone elses record I think you need to know what outfit they were in. I can't remember for sure as it's been awhile.

Don't you just love the history and mystery of this genealogy stuff and the nice people you meet.

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 3:14PM GMT
Yes. It is great to meet people from across the country with similar interests in genealogy and history in general.

Hoping to get out to that cemetery today.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions