Search for content in message boards

David Titus

Posted: 5 Jun 2012 4:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Titus
I am searching for the parents of my ggg grandfather David Titus. I have that he was born in Syracuse, NY on Sep. 17, 1831 and died in Oregon, WI on Mar. 17, 1899. Beyond this, though...I'm totally stumped! It seems like a complete dead end. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Stefani

Re: David Titus

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 10:06AM GMT
Surnames: Titus
Your David E could be my great great grandfather. He married Emily Griffen and his second marriage was to Elizabeth Emma Munn, he had about 7 more children with her. David is the father of James S Titus and grandfather of William Haizlet Titus. My grandfather William married Etta May Wescott. James S Titus married Clara B Mott.
David G Ball has a web sight called "The New England Ball Project.com" that lists Titus people back to 1740. That may give you part of your missing pieces.
My sight is Titus,Jameson,Fischer,Estrada,Wotring,Krause. There is also one called Morris,Titus,Makinson,Wescott who is a cousin. These 3 sights should give you what you need to take you farther back. Mines a work in progress as I keep finding missing pieces all over the place but don't add until I have exhausted all the sources and records I can find.
June Fischer@msn.com

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 11:49PM GMT
In your search for the parents of David E. Titus you should perhaps consider Zebina and Lavina (Whitcomb) Titus below as candidates. Zebina, his wife and 6 children were enumerated in 1840 at Onandoga, Onandoga Co., NY. The only other Titus family in the county was that of Joseph Titus, who had no children of the appropriate age. This theory is by no means a certainty, but is at least worth a try.

1. Zebina S. Titus. b. ca. 1785. d. Dec. 31, 1841. m. Lavina Whitcomb, daughter of Nathaniel and Salome (Snow). She b. Sep. 12, 1790. d. Apr. 7, 1846 at Onondaga, NY. Both buried in Pine Ridge Cemetery, Onondaga, NY. Their children:

2. Daughter b. 1820-1825.

2. Daughter b. 1820--1825.

2. Orrin W. Titus. b. Jan. 20, 1820 at Onondaga Hill, Onondaga Co., NY. d. May 26, 1909 at Syracuse, Onondaga Co., NY. m. Mary A. Stickles. She b. Jan. 9, 1823 in Dutchess Co., NY. d. Dec. 10, 1897 at Syracuse, NY. Both buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Syracuse, NY. Their children:

3. Frances M. Titus. b. Sep. 25, 1851 at Syracuse, Onondaga Co., NY. d. Dec. 19, 1920 at Syracuse, NY. Buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Syracuse, NY. m. Judson S. Thompson. He b. ca. 1836 in NY. (44 at 1880 census).

3. Eva Julia Titus. b. Jul. 20, 1854 at Syracuse, Onondaga Co., NY. d. Mar. 3, 1878 at Chicago, Cook Co., IL.

2. Son. 1825-1830.

2. Daughter b. 1825-1830.

2. Son b. 1830-1835. David E. Titus?

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 12:53AM GMT
Hello Stephani, welcome to the Titus Clan. He's my gg grandfather too. William Haizelet Titus was my grandfather and Earl Wesley Titus was my dad. I can give you some information on that line but mines still a work in progress as I make sure I can verify numeriously what I put in my tree. There are other reliable trees that I can also point you toward.
We have as far back as David but want to go back past him, thats where we got stuck also. But hints come in and several of us will check that out before we add it to our tree.
My tree is Titus, Jameson, Fischer,Estrada,Wotring, Krause. I know I got carried away. New England Ball Project is another tree that has alot of info as well, you might take a look at it too.
When we figure it out I'll repost the info
June Fischer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions