Search for content in message boards

HOGG Family of Chippawa

HOGG Family of Chippawa

Cindi Talbot (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2006 7:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOGG/ HEASLIP
Hello,

I am looking for information on the Hogg Family of Chippawa. Alexander was born Dec. 10, 1830 in Ireland and his wife Ann/ Annie was born Dec. 15, 1845 in Ontario. I have census records for this family from 1871-1901, but am looking for more descendant info. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Cindi Talbot

Re: HOGG Family of Chippawa

Diane Shaw (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2006 3:46AM GMT
From Ancestry.ca

Death:
Alexander Hogg, b 1831, 74, b Ireland, prostatis enlargement/7wks, Feb 4 1905 Chippawa

Alexander Hoff, b 1871, D 15 Sept 1902 of typhoid fever, Chippawa,

Alexander Wm Hoff, b and d Dec 3 1908, parents: William Hogg b Chippawa, mother: Cecelia McDougal b Niagara Falls South.

Annie Elizabeth Hogg,d 4 Mar 1917, 72, Chippawa, widow, father: Alexander Smith, mother: Elizabeth Ash. died of injury to spine/paralysis/4mths.

Alexander's wife's name from Ancestry.ca was Anny Smith.

1911 census on www.automatedgenealogy.com
It is not complete but is updated regularly.
Sorry that this is only mainly deaths.

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 3:02PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2006 6:00PM GMT
There are several burials with the surname Hogg in Fairview Cemetery in Niagara Falls. These persons may or may not be the descendants you are looking for. Digital photos of their stone can be viewed at:
http://www.city.niagarafalls.on.ca/city_hall/departments/par...

Type in just the surname Hogg in the search box for the complete list. Some names that will come up are: Alexander Cairns Hogg, Charles Glasgow Hogg, Edward James Hogg, William M. Hogg. Their births are in the 1890-1910 range. There are photos to view for these and at least 2 more burials with no photos.

Also FYI, the 1911 census for Welland County is now 99.93% completed.

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 3:05PM GMT
There are several burials with the surname Hogg in Fairview Cemetery in Niagara Falls. These persons may or may not be the descendants you are looking for. Digital photos of their stone can be viewed at:
http://www.city.niagarafalls.on.ca/city_hall/departments/par...

Type in just the surname Hogg in the search box for the complete list. Some names that will come up are: Alexander Cairns Hogg, Charles Glasgow Hogg, Edward James Hogg, William M. Hogg. Their births are in the 1890-1910 range. There are photos to view for these and at least 2 more burials with no photos.

Also FYI, the 1911 census for Welland County is now 99.93% completed.

Posted: 19 Sep 2006 3:08PM GMT
Oops...sorry, Diane. I posted my reply to the wrong person.

Posted: 27 Sep 2006 3:41AM GMT
Thanks for that info Diane. Every little bit helps.

Cindi Talbot

Posted: 27 Sep 2006 3:43AM GMT
Thanks very much Sharon. I will check out those burials.

Cindi Talbot

Posted: 11 Sep 2012 11:17PM GMT
Hello Cindi,

Six years ago I found you some information on the Hogg family of Chippawa, Ontario (now part of the city of Niagara Falls.)

Are you still interested in getting more information on this family?

If you are, I have just responded to a fellow on the Welland County message board asking for Hogg information. You should check out my reply as I was able to find the names of most, if not all, of Alexander's children as well as a few daughters/sons-in-law and grandchildren. I can also give you links to gravestone photos and birth/marriage/death newspaper articles if they would be helpful to you.

Sharon
Welland, Ontario
per page

Find a board about a specific topic