Search for content in message boards

Francis Cooke

Francis Cooke

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 5:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cooke, Tomson, Thompson, Stevens, Chambers, Crowell, Marheine
Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone can help me confirm any of this information. I've just recently discovered I'm a descendant of Francis Cooke and I don't know where to begin in terms of collecting proper documentation. I'd love any tips and any connections to unknown relatives.

Thanks so much.

Melissa

Francis Cooke m. Hester Mahieu

Mary Cooke m. John Tomson

Thomas Tomson m. Mary Morton

Thomas Tomson m. Mary Loring

Thomas Thompson (spelling change) m. Ruhamah Barrows

Deborah Thompson m. Wyman Stevens

Debby Ann Stevens m. Jesse Chambers

Cecelia Ermina Chambers m. Hiram Chester Crowell

Neltson Crowell m. Cora Soper

Ethel Crowell m. Rhinholt Marheine

Re: Francis Cooke

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: Cooke, Hopkins, Rogers, Chambers and Crowell
I am also a descendant of Francis Cooke, Stephen Hopkins and Thomas Rogers. I saw your post and wonder what information you were able to get. I have a loose bound book on my ancestors beginning with Cecelia Ermina Chambers Crowell and Hiram Chester Crowell. It was compiled by Leaoma (Loma) Crowell Young for a family reunion in about 2002. How can I help you find our common ancestors? I live in Shelton, Washington.
Janet Hilderman

Posted: 21 Jul 2010 11:35AM GMT
That's so great - we're related!

I love finding unexpected connections.

I haven't gotten very far in my research, but I did get a copy of a Mayflower Society record that shows an approved line from Francis Cooke down to Cecelia Ermina Chambers and Hiram Chester Crowell. But, I have no documents on the Thomas Rogers connection. Anything you'd be willing to share would be fantastic. I need to get back into this research because I'd like to present the info and documentation to family members for Christmas - they have no idea about any of this!

Thanks so much.

Melissa

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 7:23PM GMT
Surnames: Cooke
It's been awhile since I looked at my Mayflower connections, but I believe Francis Cooke is one of my branches. My mother's sister joined the Mayflower Society. If I remember correctly, she went in through William Brewster. I just looked at my tree on my Legacy program, but it seems to be missing the connection to the my family. I have 4-5 children for him and their spouses, but for some reason there are no children listed. I'd be interested in receiving any additional information on Francis Cooke line. I must not have inputted the information when I originally entered my information, and after two moves I've lost track of some of my information.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Susan in Kansas

Posted: 1 Aug 2010 10:54PM GMT
All I have is Cecelia Crowell forward. I did see that Rogers died right after he arrived on the Mayflower and left a remaining 17 year old son. Did you try his name. He would be the ancestor who had a family here and he did arrive with his father in 1620. I don't know if I will join this group as I am really busy with politics right now. Nice to meet a new relative. Where do you live?
Janet

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 9:53PM GMT
I'm a little late to this discussion...

If you haven't already, I would suggest that you join the Francis Cooke Society message board at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Francis_Cooke_Society/

This group was very helpful for me when I had questions about how to go about Mayflower documentation, who to contact, similar lineage, etc.

Good luck!
Julie

Posted: 21 Dec 2010 8:03PM GMT
Surnames: Cooke
Hi, I'm from Kansas. Where are you from?

Susan G

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 1:45PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Tomson, Barrows, Cooke
Hi there,

My line is the same as yours down to Thomas Thompson and Ruhamah Barrows. I also have information about some of the other Tomson lines as well (not sure if that would help you). Just let me know what you need, and I'll try to help track it down.

Mary Packard

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 5:21PM GMT
Mary -

Thanks so much! I'd take any information you's be willing to share that relates to my line specifically, or our shared line. I find that if I have too much information I just get overwhelmed.

Along Thomas Thompson descending from Francis Cooke, I've also found that Ruhamah Barrows descends from both Thomas Rogers and Stephen Hopkins - two other Mayflower passengers. Do you have any information on those lines?

Thanks again

Melissa

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 4:32AM GMT
Edited: 29 Mar 2011 4:41AM GMT
Hi, i am also a decesant of Francis cook, stephen hopkins, and edward doty...all from the Mayflower, and sgined the mayflower compact, you can go to a chapter in each state [the state you are from] and turn your records [bloodline ] forms in, [or better yet , you can do it on line] they will have a expert look it over, [it doesnt take long] and if you are indeed a decesant of anyone that was on the mayflower, you and only you can get the Seal of Decesant, and alot of other forms, and seals. I did this, and it was easy, as long as your bloodline matches up to the ancestors of the mayflower, wow, it is really something to be very proud of, i leanred my 11th great grandmother, Elizabeth, [Stephen Hopkin's wife,] was only 5 of the women at the first Thankgiving, hope this help some, Take Care.

Trisha. in Texas.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions