Search for content in message boards

Help with deciphering handwriting on a Norwegian baptismal record

Help with deciphering handwriting on a Norwegian baptismal record

Posted: 24 Jan 2014 5:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to read the name of the parents on a baptismal record:
Buskerud fylke, Norderhov, Ministerialbok nr. 2A (1716-1725), Kronologisk liste 1720, side 106, 30 Juni
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8520&i...

I can make out " ... Ole Haraldsen ____ og Magnild (?) Olsdatters barn, Kirsten, ...". I assume the word following Haraldsen is a farm name, but I'm not sure what the letters are.

Any help is appreciated!

Takk!
Attachments:

Re: Help with deciphering handwriting on a Norwegian baptismal record

Posted: 25 Jan 2014 1:55PM GMT
Just a few lines above on that page the writer clarifies that the following few records are from "Houg Annex". The word in question itself probably starts with a W and ends with an L. (Spelling was an inexact science!! Most often you have to figure it out by SOUND.)

You might try looking through more of those church records for the daughter (or other children of that couple) for confirmation? Perhaps their residence farm name might still be the same and be in easier handwriting?

Posted: 26 Jan 2014 10:36AM GMT
The name is Wiol.

I can`t find that place under Norderhov ( Norderhoug) in th 1801 census . However you will find the farm in the 1865 census.

Geir

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 7:43PM GMT
Great suggestions! Thanks!

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 7:49PM GMT
Thanks, Geir! I did indeed find the farm name in the 1865 census. On another lit of farm names for Haug i Norderhov, I found the Viul farm (though not Wiol). I assume Viul is an alternate spelling.

I appreciate your answer - thank again so much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions