Search for content in message boards

looking for parents names

looking for parents names

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 9:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am Iooking for parents names for a Kjerstine marie Olsdatter born 1819 in Alstahaug Nordland Norway,death 1-19-1860 in Ulvang .Parents Birth and Death record can you help at all. steven ,mlps,mn.usa

Re: looking for parents names

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 10:55PM GMT
You would need to look at the parish records (birth/baptism) for Alstahaug, Nordland. Those records are online and available for careful reading. At least her father's name should be recorded in that time period.

http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_fylke=18&idx_k...

I suggest that you search the time period ABOUT 1819 since I don't know the source of that date you've given. An English option is available by clicking on that word from either the left hand column or the blue link bar along the bottom of the homepage but of course the original records will still be in Norwegian.

Be sure and read the instructions that are available from the Digitalarkivet for navigating the scanned records. The instructions are available in Bokmål (official Norwegian), Nyorsk (Norwegian), Davvisámegiella (Saami), and English.
Recommended basic reading are the "Startsiden" [Norwegian version]/"Main page" [English version], "Brukerveiledning" [Norwegian version]/"User's guide" [English version] and "Om tjenesten" [Norwegian version]/"About this service" [English version].

Good information about translating the formats of Norwegian parish church records during various time periods, many of the basic terms used and understanding how to use the information should be studied at this web site -
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~norway/na20.html

Re: looking for parents names

Posted: 28 Jan 2014 10:55AM GMT
farm moen
Farm Parish Muncipality County

Moen Stamnes Alstahaug Nordlands amt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions