Search for content in message boards

Nott, Lozier - Newburgh, NY

Nott, Lozier - Newburgh, NY

Sandra Williams (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duncan, Holden, Holoen, Lozier, Nott
Looking for information on Edward C NOTT and his wife Mary Jane LOZIER. Edward C. NOTT was born in 1898 Mar 19 in the City of Newburgh, County of Orange. His parents were Frederick NOTT/Elizabeth HOLDEN/HOLOEN. Mary Jane was born in 1899. Her parents were George H LOZIER/Marguerite DUNCAN Edward NOTT and Mary Jane LOZIER were married in 1922. Interested in any of there offsprings.
SandyW

Lozier McDowell - Newburgh

Jose Rivera Nieves (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett, Cardona, Clark, Grey, Judson, McDowell, Torres, Scofide
Gertrude Marie Lozier Bennett of Newburgh, a homemaker and lifetime resident of the area, died Saturday, Jan. 23, 1999, in St. Luke's Hospital in Newburgh. She was 77.

The daughter of the late Harold and Ruth McDowell Lozier, she was born August 31, 1921, in Newburgh. She was the widow of Edward C. Bennett, who died Feb. 3, 1998. On Jan. 18, of this year they would have celebrated 59 years of marriage.

Survivors include one daughter, Sharon Bennett Scofide and her husband, Craig of Wallkill; two sons, Bruce W. Bennett and his wife, Donna of the Town of Newburgh and Brian E. Bennett and his wife, Bonnie of the Town of Newburgh; six grandchildren, Susan Cardona and Melissa Torres by her daugther, Sharon; Rebecca and Timothy by her son, Bruce; Janelle and Matthew by her son, Brian; one great-grandson, Tristan by her granddaughter, Melissa Torres; three sisters, Ann Judson of the Town of Newburgh, June Clark of the Town of Newburgh, and Barbara Grey of the State of Florida; one brother, Gary Lozier of Wallkill; and several nieces and nephews.

Visitation will be held from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday, Jan. 25, at DiDonato Brooks Funeral Home, 481 Gidney Avenue, Newburgh. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 26, at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Cedar Hill Cemetery in Newburgh.

Memorial contributions may be sent to the Trinity Methodist Church, Fostertown Road, Newburgh, NY 12550.

Arrangements were made by DiDonato Brooks Funeral Home, Newburgh.

Source: Times Herald-Record ( Monday, January 25, 1999 )

Re: Nott, Lozier - Newburgh, NY

Posted: 6 Aug 2001 11:51AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2008 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Lozier, O'Brien
Do you have a Samuel Lozier who served on the Newburgh Police Department in the late 1800s? Also another Samuel Lozier, later generation who married Anne O'Brien. They lived in Manhattan near Central Park and Sam worked for a meat packing or distributor. They were close friends of my O'Brien, McEntyre, DeMars family in Newburgh.
Roberta Hanson
rhbertahan@aol.com

Posted: 6 Aug 2001 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: Lozier
Contact me at rhbertahan@aol.com and I will tell you of my recent inquiry in Newburgh relative to Lozier.
Roberta Hanson

Posted: 12 Oct 2001 1:03PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jan 2002 4:28AM GMT
I am looking for information on Sam Lozier who married Anne O'Brien. They lived near Central Park in NYC in the 1940s. There was also a Sam Lozier on the Newburgh Police Force with my ggrandfather, Thomas W McEntyre in the late 1800s.

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 1:54AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2008 12:59AM GMT
Surnames: Nott, Lozier
No offspring for MJ and Uncle Eddie.

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Lozier, Nott, Ett, Duncan
PS, he was an architect in Newburgh. I remember him, we would visit and he would give us little ones chocolate covered graham crackers. I have been searching for Ett, MAryJane Ett Lozier to be exact. My grandfather was George Herschell Lozier, this was his Grandmother and I am seeking her to find American Indian roots. I am also interested in Margeurite Duncan, some years ago I had sought passenger lists for her but came to a brick wall. I have a steamer trunk that MAY have been hers, but this little legend may be only a hopeful wish brought down through the years.

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 2:03AM GMT
I found a few Lozier's buried in Rosseville Cemetery.
Here is George H info.

LastName FirstName BirthDay BirthYear Age DiedDate DiedYear Relatives
Lozier Charles J 5 months 12 days Sept 24 1868 Children of Oliver and Elizabeth Lozier
Lozier George H 1 month 7 days April 11 1878 Children of Oliver and Elizabeth Lozier
Lozier Hattie Griffin 1877 1900
Lozier Henry 78 years Oct 10 1892
Lozier Lynes W 14-Mar-1865 1865 July 17 1865 Children of Oliver and Elizabeth Lozier
Lozier Mary E 1835 1884 Children of Oliver and Elizabeth Lozier
Lozier Oliver 1837 1917
Lozier Rachel A 18-Sep-1834 1834 Aug 28 1884
Lozier Sarah E Halstead 03-Jul-1803 1803 Aug 28 1882 Wife of Samuel Lozier
Lozier Sarah Jane Howell 84 years Feb 08 1906 Wife of Henry Lozier

Hope it helps.
Sincerely,
Joe Whalen

Posted: 26 Jul 2013 7:10AM GMT
Are you still looking for anything on Marguerite Duncan?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic