Search for content in message boards

Vanek, Mrazek, Seckora

Vanek, Mrazek, Seckora

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 2:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mrazek, Linder, Vanek, Seckora, Dvorak, Walley
I am searching for the parents of Mary Mrazek(1878 Chicago- 1936 Birmingham, Al) Her parents arrived here shortly before she was born. Her father may have James/Jim and her Mother possibly some form of Mary, Linder. She had sisters named Rose(Dvorak), Em (Walley) and an unmarried Brother,(Otto)Otokar. In the 1930's they lived in the Chicago Area. Mary Mrazek married Frank Vanek (1868,Bohemia - 1954 Mobile,AL) about 1893 in Chicago. He came from Bohemia 1887 and was naturalized 1889 and worked as a carpenter/cabinet maker some with Pullman Train Cars. He sent for his brother Joseph (1872-1930's) and his mother in 1889. Joseph was a Baptist minister and lived in Chicago, Michigan, Minnasota, and Ohio and was married to Maria. Their mother was a widow for several years and her name may have been some form of Mary, also. Her maiden name was Seckora. She was buried in the Bohemian National Cemetary, Chicago. I find no records of Mary Mrazek or Frank's parents.The 1890 census would have been wonderful if available. I have heard lumber and dairy associated with the family. Frank and Mary Vanek moved to Alabama in 1914 & they had a total of 11 children. Any help appreciated.

Re: Vanek, Mrazek, Seckora

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 8:31PM GMT
My grandmothers maiden name was Mary Mrazek and was born in 1888. She married my grandfather Vaclav John Husek who was born on Aug. 25, 1883.They lived in Chicago and had two sons Stanley my father and George who died in WW11. I think they moved to Coloma, Mi. in the 30's.

Re: Vanek, Mrazek, Seckora

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 8:21PM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2013 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Vanek, Mrazek, Passafiume
Frank Vanek (b. 1868) is my grandfather. After Mary Mrazek died in 1936, he married my grandmother, Mary Passafiume. They had four children, the 2nd of which (Frank Vanek) is my father.

Re: Vanek, Mrazek

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 4:18AM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions