Search for content in message boards

Ancestors in Killiney Parish

Ancestors in Killiney Parish

Posted: 1 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Sep 2001 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: Commane, Forhane, Griffin, Moriarty
I am seeking information about any Commane or Forhane in Co.Kerry.I can help with information on the Griffin's who went to California. Would appreciate information about an Ellen Moriarty, who married David Moriarty about 1827 and died probably before 1840 in Killiney Parish.

O'Connor

Fr. Martin Murphy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Denis, Margaret, Ellen
Looking for O'Connor possibly in Killiney, County Kerry.
Denis and Mary(or Margaret) parents of Margaret (b. approx. 1861-2 and Ellen) Margaret married Martin J. Murphy in USA, possibly Jersey City and came to Newport, RI
Sister, Ellen came and settled in Npt., RI for a few years leaving for NY around 1901-3

O'Connor/Leahy

Clem Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'Connor - Killarney, Leahy - Dingle
Patrick O'Connor b 1816 Killarney m 1844 Ann Leahy b 1826 @ Ballmacelligot and had 12 children - Siblings of Patrick were Michael, Mary, John, Honora & Ellen N.
The 12 children were Jeremiah b 1845, Ireland. Michael b 1846 d 1849Eng, John b 1847 d 1849NZ, Mary b 1848 m Robt Stewart in NZ, Ellen, Patrick, James b c1849 m 1885 Sarah Broughton in NZ, Daniel b c1850, Catherine b 1850 m John Virtue in NZ, Emma and John William b c1865 NZ, m c1885 NZ Clara Fields.

Jeremiah O'Connor

Posted: 20 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2001 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: O'Connor
Seek ing information on Jeremiah O'Connor Born 1820 county Kerry Ireland town Brosna married margaret mulcahy parents lawrence and honora mulcahy.Both immigrated to U.S. through canada(Quebec?)summer 1849.Children Philip 1846-1913,john18471925,mary1849-1922then julia,bridget and margaret.Lived constable,N.Y.Philip married Hannah Connors1875. Both buried Constable N.Y. Philip 1913 and Hanah 1901 Margaret O'Connors siblings came over on the Lady Sail or sale in jan 1851.

O'Connor

Charlie Connor (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'Connor, Linehan
I can't help with any helpful info but a friend and I traveled last year from Avon, NY thru Constable, NY. We were on a back road and saw a cemetery across a field. We investigated. It was a family cemetery and full of O'Connors. Probably some of your group.

Charlie

COMMANE

Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Mar 2003 4:35PM GMT
Surnames: JOY, KING, FLAHERTY, STACK, COMMANE
I just got info from Lixnaw parish on my gggrandmother who was a Maria Commane born about 1820, married to a Michael Stack and living in Tullig as a widow having had at least 6 children,(John, James, Edmond, William, Johanna, Mary and Ellen Stack). She was still alive on the 1901 Co. Kerry census.

I have not run across the name Commane before and wonder where they and she were originally from in Kerry.

Thanks for any info you might be able to share with me.
Posted: 11 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2001 8:32PM GMT
Surnames: Linehan
I am also looking for relatives from Ireland. Can you provide more info. Thanks.

linehan

jane Linehan Aini (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: linehan, kiely
It would help me more if you were more specific on the cemetery. Avon to constable ny is quite a stretch of miles. I always understood that the linehans clser to Rochester ny were not related to us. That always surprised me considering the unique spelling of the name. However, in a letter I received just today from you, charlie, you mentioned your gg mother was mary sister of michael. I am a decendent of the michael linehan that came over from ireland with his wife johanna o'keefe linehan. He would be my gg grandfather. When you mentioned Wellsville, it made me wonder if indeed I am related to the linehans of the rochester area. That is the village that Michael and Johanna settled. As far as the surname connors or O' connors, there are many that live in Hornell, ny. They would be buried in St. ann's (older) and St. Mary's cemeteries. Unfortunately, they are more common names complicating your search.

linehan

jane e. (linehan) aini (View posts)
Posted: 13 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: linehan, kiely
Terri,

Is your surname Linehan as well? I see you responded to Charlie. I have just begun working with him. I just discovered that my gg grandfather Michael Linehan is his gg grandmothers brother. What info do you have?

Jane

O'Connor/Leahy

Anne Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 18 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'Connor, Leahy
Directly related to O'Connor/Leahy line. Patrick O'Connor/Anne Leahy my great-great grandparents.
I live in New Zealand.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions